DAB displays stations but won’t play them

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil37

Hi

I have a 64 plate. The DAB displays stations but when I click on them, nothing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

The FM radio works fine

If you have an SDA do you know how to access the service menu?

In the menu is a system test folder. You can check the operation of the DAB tuner in there

Also, where are you based? Is DAB signal good?
In mine I can usually pick up DAB but occasionally it just goes quite, usually in built up areas.
DAB is all or nothing so if the signal is weak you just get nothing unlike FM/AM where you will get something with interference.

Hi

It’s MMCS. The fm stations come through crystal clear so I don’t think it’s a signal issue. It’s just really weird that it lists DAB stations but also says ‘no data’ and won’t play any DAB stations.

It’s got me stumped

If FM's fine and DAB isn't, it sounds rather like a signal issue. Are you near any of the grey areas on this map?
http://www.ukdigitalradio.com/images/coverage-map.jpg
There are very few areas of the UK where FM is unavailable (mostly Snowdonia and Scottish Highlands), but DAB can be much more patchy - even here in the Chilterns (green on the map) it drops in and out occasionally (I guess as it switches between Oxford and London transmitters).

Hi Phil, did you get this sorted by any chance? I bought an 18 plate Outlander PHEV yesterday and I can't get any DAB stations. All listed as you said but nothing happens when you click on them and it says no data up the top. FM crystal clear and I live in London.

Have the antenna and connections checked. I had the same issue (long time ago) and there was a bad connection.

Back