Can't register Remote Control App on phone

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt

I've had no luck trying to register the remote control app (using my Samsung GS7) with my 2014 GX4h. The problem is that that when it comes to the SSID and password the phone doesn't pick up the car SSID but has no problem seeing my own and neighbour's wifi routers SSID. Also there's no option to manually input the SSID - I have the card with it and the password on.
(this is all after following the steps with the key and getting the appropriate beep)
I have tried various combinations of turning different wireless comms on and off to no avail and re-installing the app.
Any ideas???

cobalt said:
phone doesn't pick up the car SSID

If the Wifi was not in use by the previous owners or they have deregistered all phones then the Wi-fi module goes to 'sleep'.
This means the SSID will not be broadcast until you start the registration process, if you follow the instructions Mig25 linked to then after the key fob bit the Wifi unit will 'wake-up' and start broadcasting the SSID.

It is still a clumsy process to register your phone after that but be patient, it can be done and with winter approaching it is nice to preheat and defrost the car on those icy mornings.

The most common problem is the device reconnecting to a local wifi source during the process.

There are two ways around this:

1. "Forget" all local connections on the device; or
2. Perform the whole procedure somewhere else, where your device can't auto-connect to a local wifi source which isn't the car.

Thanks folks. I'll go though the procedure MiG25 linked to at the weekend! Fingers crossed. What a palarva.

Back