Electric Tailgate not working?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulRB

This might just save a phev owner some embarrassment. Before you call your dealer to complain that the electric tailgate is broken and just beeps (4 times) when you press the dashboard, keyfob or tailgate buttons: there is a disable button slightly hidden just above the cupholders, next to the slot you put the keyfob in. It is shown on page 4-20 in the owner's manual.

Paul

Good share...And you get the same refusal beeps if trying to open the boot when inside the car if you have locked the doors too. Even if you press it like 20 times... :oops:

I find the tailgate-movement-warning-beeper annoying, extremely loud in contrast to the silence emitted from the car when the tailgate is not moving.
So far it seems there is no way to configure it "permanent off".
Has anyone an idea how to reduce the noise ?
...or at least where this little speaker sits....wouldn't hesitate to even cut a cable :p

happy PHEVing

It cannot be turned off as it is a safety feature. The speaker transmits other beeps as well, so you cannot disable it.

schlumbel said:
I find the tailgate-movement-warning-beeper annoying, extremely loud in contrast to the silence emitted from the car when the tailgate is not moving.
...or at least where this little speaker sits....wouldn't hesitate to even cut a cable :p

There was some discussion in another forum, see here http://insideoutlander.boards.net/thread/421

Unfortunately it seems as if you now need to register/log-in to see the full instructions in a different place....

Disclaimer: I haven't tried it (yet) so please don't blame me if it doesn't work :shock:

aitchjaybee said:
Good share...And you get the same refusal beeps if trying to open the boot when inside the car if you have locked the doors too. Even if you press it like 20 times... :oops:

Also note you need to be in 'P' for the electric tailgate to work... I pushed the button a few times while sat in 'N' with the handbrake on for quite a while till I figured it out.... :oops:

many thx jdsx, sounds promising, will have a look at this connector :shock:
my plan B is to de-actvitate the automatic for the tail, sacrificing comfort for silence :roll:

Actually I would prefer the car to have a manual tailgate,it is just too slow,also maybe I am wrong but I have to wait for the tailgate to close before locking the car. A close and lock function would be good,maybe there is, and I have not noticed it.

PaulRB said:
This might just save a phev owner some embarrassment. Before you call your dealer to complain that the electric tailgate is broken and just beeps (4 times) when you press the dashboard, keyfob or tailgate buttons: there is a disable button slightly hidden just above the cupholders, next to the slot you put the keyfob in. It is shown on page 4-20 in the owner's manual.

Paul

Many thanks mate, I must have touched it by mistake and your post saved me trying to find it in that god-awful manual that came with the car :)

schlumbel said:

happy PHEVing
Solution here - http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=737

Kev.

Just to make sure it is written down:
-Go to the boot with the car unlocked and parked. Press the main button on the tailgate that lives below the mitsubishi badge twice in quick succession and it becomes manual and you just open it.
-If the boot is open, just grab it and pull it shut.
-If you need to open it from the fob it is two long presses on mine before it recognises you are trying to open the boot.

Thank you Paul for:
Before you call your dealer to complain that the electric tailgate is broken and just beeps (4 times) when you press the dashboard, keyfob or tailgate buttons: there is a disable button slightly hidden just above the cupholders, next to the slot you put the keyfob in. It is shown on page 4-20 in the owner's manual.

I had thought that I must have disabled the tailgate somehow, but I had no idea how. So, one year later, your post was very useful.

PaulRB said:

Paul

Just another thank you PaulRB... Your post just saved me from a call to the dealer. Cheers!!

alanjohnnorman said:
Talking of the manual - is it available as a download on the internet please?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Outlander+phev+manual

Edit: just noticed the age of the request!!

simonrh said:
Just to make sure it is written down:
-Go to the boot with the car unlocked and parked. Press the main button on the tailgate that lives below the mitsubishi badge twice in quick succession and it becomes manual and you just open it.
-If the boot is open, just grab it and pull it shut.
-If you need to open it from the fob it is two long presses on mine before it recognises you are trying to open the boot.
And to be clear -f you open and close it manually it won't beep. Nor will it do so if you open it electrically by the boot button when the car is locked.

simonrh said:

I've not managed to open my tailgate from the fob yet, so I'll try this tomorrow.

Back