Potentially Buying Tomorrow

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckalicious

Hi everyone. Long term Land Rover driver here. Had a Freelander 2 for 10 years and have a 2020 Discovery Sport just now. The Disco has shocking reliability so far and my driving does not warrant a diesel that has questionable oil diluitions on short journeys, so I'm making the decision to cut my losses.

I need 4 wheel drive, due to where I live. So my daily commute is about 7 miles each way so a PHEV makes sense, but with the bonus that it can still do long runs for family trips etc.

I have been offered a direct swap for my Disco for a 2021 400 miles 2.4 Outlander PHEV from a main dealer. I guess the Disco just commands a higher resale value.

However, 2 things are holding me back. The first is the potential for the few Mitsubishi dealers to stop providing aftercare for the marque and also, due to driving what is a gorgeous interior of the Disco, the Outlander really does feel a bit dated. I assume like anything you get used to whatever interior you have pretty quickly though.

If you had the chance again, would you buy the Outlander still?

Cheers.

That is exactly what I did. After seven years and 150.000 km I traded in my 2013 one for a 2.4 l. model. Although this is a significantly improved car, there was nothing wrong with my old one and I could easily have kept it. BTW, If I bought a Landrover, it would not be a Discovery, but the sadly discontinued Defender. :ugeek:

I would definitely buy again, I love it. I think you'll really appreciate the smoothness and silence on your commute, it transforms it. Just make sure that the particular one that you are interested in has the remote control module and the electric heater, as it's invaluable for winter pre-heating.

That's me just arrived home with my new car :)

2021 2.4 Dynamic PHEV with 400 miles on the clock.

70 mile journey home and apparently I did 67% EV. Really wasn't expecting the kind of performance I seem to have got. Which is nice :)

Hi!

I’m also a LR owner for the last year but the reliability is shocking. I’m interested in an Outlander PHEV but my price range would put me at a 2018 model.

Is there anything I should be looking out for when buying an Outlander of this age?

Back