Battery capacity on 2014 GX4h

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt

I'm looking at buying a 2014 GX4h with 42,000 miles on the clock. Everything checks out but I have a 2 hour journey to plug in my ODB reader to see what the battery capacity is like.
Any ideas on what's in the range of good/reasonable?
I want it mainly for lots of short local runs and to avoid petrol use as much as possible so a good battery is key. What do you think?

Checking the battery condition whilst driving is unlikely to tell you very much, as it is noting the results over a longer period of time that will show rate of degradation. However, a 2 hour drive should let you see how far you can actually go on a single charge - which, from your post, seems to be your main concern (and you don't need the ODB reader for that).

I'm still getting over 20 miles after 60k on my 2014 car, in and around London - if that is any help.

Thanks for the info, but I believe I can get a % capacity reading from the ODB. I'm not sure how long a drive I'll be able to test it on. Does anyone use the PHEV Watchdog app?

You need the actual original capacity to get a reliable %. The nominal capacity is never reached and each car is measured as it is delivered, The dealer that sold the car new should be able to give you the delivery value. Normally it was something like 36-37 kWh (nominal 40)

Back