new 16 model PHEV here in October

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitssupplier

Anyone looking to order the new model?

Should be available in the UK from October. Theres a new GX3h+ model which has the electric heater and heated front seats. Looks like they have addressed alot of the issues ie EV flap is now lined, better sat nav unit.

New colours and C02 reduced to 42 and MPG up to a contentious 157 MPG

Anyone interested I have all the information :D

Mitssupplier said:
Anyone looking to order the new model?

Should be available in the UK from October. Theres a new GX3h+ model which has the electric heater and heated front seats. Looks like they have addressed alot of the issues ie EV flap is now lined, better sat nav unit.

New colours and C02 reduced to 42 and MPG up to a contentious 157 MPG

Anyone interested I have all the information :D

Is there an embargo on you giving us more info please.
Do the specs match the Dutch lists, and is there a price increase.

Will they be doing the copper colour that you can get with a diesel Outlander? Any ballpark prices? The GX3h+ with a heater sounds promising.

Pricing is approx £1000 than current model with the GX3H+ at £35249 before the grant

Colours are
Frost White
Atlantic Grey
White Pearl
Orient Red
Amethyst Black
Granite Brown
Ruby Black Pearl

drop me an email if interested and I will send you the information

[email protected]

Mitssupplier said:
Pricing is approx £1000 than current model with the GX3H+ at £35249 before the grant

Colours are
Frost White
Atlantic Grey
White Pearl
Orient Red
Amethyst Black
Granite Brown
Ruby Black Pearl

drop me an email if interested and I will send you the information

[email protected]

RED - they're going to offer it now in RED :twisted:

Looks like this site may have the spec for each trim level:

http://www.new-car-discount.com/car/mit ... x4/all/all

If the trim levels are correct then the combinations offered are disappointing with a surround view camera on the 4h but no sensors but both sensors and a camera on the 4hs which is just beyond me. There is also no mention of anything other than the standard 6 speakers that the current gen UK model has, so again, potentially no upgraded sound system for the UK for some unknown reason! And no mention of anything other than black leather and the pearl black/red is a £700 paint option.

Seems that link I posted before is on the money in terms of spec for each trim based on the pre-release PDF I've just been sent from a leasing company - 1st Oct is launch date for first delivery it seems.

In addition, the brake lights come on if you are in B4/5 and take your foot off the accelerator and the boot only has 1 warning beep now when opening/closing and LED footwell lights are standard across the board and you can turn on the 360 degree camera without needing to be in reverse.

Overall seems like a good refresh and update. It's also 2 seconds quicker 0-25 but has the same c. 11s 0-60 which seems a bit odd.

jws said:
Seems that link I posted before is on the money in terms of spec for each trim based on the pre-release PDF I've just been sent from a leasing company - 1st Oct is launch date for first delivery it seems.

In addition, the brake lights come on if you are in B4/5 and take your foot off the accelerator and the boot only has 1 warning beep now when opening/closing and LED footwell lights are standard across the board and you can turn on the 360 degree camera without needing to be in reverse.

Overall seems like a good refresh and update. It's also 2 seconds quicker 0-25 but has the same c. 11s 0-60 which seems a bit odd.

Not keen on the B4/B5 brake light thing, there is already too much software intervention in the PHEV for me as it is. I see plenty of hills where B4 will hold a steady speed with out losing any, I don't want the brake lights on all the way down. If I judge someone is too close for the rate of speed regen. is shaving off my speed I give a gentle dab on the brakes enough to show them some brake lights but I want to decide that not Mitsubishi software engineers.

Never seen any purpose to footwell lights ever, what do I want to look at my shoes for? And turning the camera on so you can ogle the blonde behind you in a traffic jam... well that's not so bad I suppose. :oops:

Just think there is PLENTY of other stuff needed sorting before wasting time adding trinkets.

I'm not convinced by the lights coming on either as you could look like one of those annoying drivers that brakes on and off all the time when in fact you are really just making best us of the B pedal to get the best regen/speed balance without needing to step on either pedal.

The camera is now a full 360 degree one so you can watch said blonde walk right around the car...!

The updates were needed in my view if they were to compete with Audi, BMW etc... over the coming 18months since most of the "new" tech is standard on their cars. But you are right that they may have spent a bit much time chucking in bits from the Argos catalogue and glossing over other things that could do with attention.

Either way it's a step in the right direction and it's still a good deal cheaper than the comparable hybrid X5, Q7, XC90 or GLE.

Although the VW Passat GTE is a serious alternate for me, even though it's not an SUV or 4x4. It is VW build quality, rapid (7.6s) and well speced for around the same money as an Outlander. However, it's not clear whether it will be out in the UK until very late this year and I do enjoy the driving position in the Outlander and the 4x4 aspect too.

jws said:
I'm not convinced by the lights coming on either as you could look like one of those annoying drivers that brakes on and off all the time when in fact you are really just making best us of the B pedal to get the best regen/speed balance without needing to step on either pedal.

The camera is now a full 360 degree one so you can watch said blonde walk right around the car...!

The updates were needed in my view if they were to compete with Audi, BMW etc... over the coming 18months since most of the "new" tech is standard on their cars. But you are right that they may have spent a bit much time chucking in bits from the Argos catalogue and glossing over other things that could do with attention.

Either way it's a step in the right direction and it's still a good deal cheaper than the comparable hybrid X5, Q7, XC90 or GLE.

Although the VW Passat GTE is a serious alternate for me, even though it's not an SUV or 4x4. It is VW build quality, rapid (7.6s) and well speced for around the same money as an Outlander. However, it's not clear whether it will be out in the UK until very late this year and I do enjoy the driving position in the Outlander and the 4x4 aspect too.

Yes I agree with you. I wonder if they have bothered screwing down all the boot trim this time even.

I recently had a service done and had to do a good few miles in the courtesy 'normal' car, it seemed like a lot of hard work!

I did a 250 mile round trip today, the PHEV almost drives itself, it just makes the day so easy, lots of traffic and roadworks so I just cruised and amused myself spotting people trying to text discreetly from my lofty viewpoint and poking around my music collection. Got back showing 40mpg fresh as a daisy. This is what the PHEV just does and it does it the best of any car I have owned.

I had an overnight test a few months ago so I could see how it performed on my usual drive to work. What a relaxing drive it was, as you say it's just hassle free, point and go. Can't wait to get one in a few months time so I can enjoy using it every day to and from work.

Part of the new model brief reads
"The 16MY Outlander PHEV will achieve the same 0-62mph time as the 15MY, however the initial time to accelerate to 25mph has been decreased by 2 seconds."

Have people been complaining of slow getaways from junctions or something similar?

I thought the problem was to do with starting/ramping-up the IC motor/generator to give the extra 80hp or whatever.

ian4x4 said:
Part of the new model brief reads
"The 16MY Outlander PHEV will achieve the same 0-62mph time as the 15MY, however the initial time to accelerate to 25mph has been decreased by 2 seconds."

Have people been complaining of slow getaways from junctions or something similar?

I thought the problem was to do with starting/ramping-up the IC motor/generator to give the extra 80hp or whatever.

I don't find too much problem off the line generally even though it can only do so under electric motor power only but there is a 'control' delay when you do stamp on it initially where the electronics seem to ramp up the current carefully (which is understandable as the initial load from stationary would be massive)

Perhaps they have tweaked the software for a faster ramp up of electrical drive current?

It would be nice if the IC cut in quicker to boost overtaking at higher speeds in response to the kickdown position on the throttle.

jws said:
you can turn on the 360 degree camera without needing to be in reverse.

Perhaps I'm being dumb but what is a 360 degree camera - something mounted on the roof?

greendwarf said:
jws said:

Perhaps I'm being dumb but what is a 360 degree camera - something mounted on the roof?

I test drove a Nissan X-trail with it, there were like 4 very wide angle cameras mounted 1 on each side of the car, the screen sort of joins all views together to create the illusion of looking down on the car from above with a view of the space all around.

I found it quite odd, the cameras are like fish-eye wide angle to try to cover the entire side of the car even close up so the views are pretty distorted making any judgement of distance and speed when manoeuvring feel uncomfortable, I am sure you learn to trust it after a while.

Surprisingly Nissan miss a trick with it, it would be great if the cameras were recorded to an SD card automatically if the car was jarred whilst parked, would be great evidence of being dinged if it kept 5 minutes before and after the trigger. It would show the other car arrive and its Reg. number and then the bump or door ding incident happen.

Shot showing a Nissan Leaf's camera in action:

_dsc6188.jpg

Quite a nice extra which I think will take some getting used to. Cameras under each wing mirror and front and back of the car.

My Outlander Instyle PHEV (Dutch) MY16 was confirmed to be delivered between 15-30 september 2015.

However, They can't confirm the full definitive specs.

Masselink said:
My Outlander Instyle PHEV (Dutch) MY16 was confirmed to be delivered between 15-30 september 2015.

I have the exact same issue. Ordered my Instyle 2016 model just 4 weeks ago. Dealer confirmed that delivery will be in September 2016, but no exact date jet.

I read on autovisie yesterday that the non-phev outlander will be arriving in the netherlands the coming week. Might be a good oppertunity to go check the new outlander out in real life. Besides from a couple of video's and pictures I haven't seen the real deal jet. By the way; do you think the instyle comes with a glass roof that opens? Or is it just instyle+?

Tarik1989 said:
Masselink said:

I have the exact same issue. Ordered my Instyle 2016 model just 4 weeks ago. Dealer confirmed that delivery will be in September 2016, but no exact date jet.

I read on autovisie yesterday that the non-phev outlander will be arriving in the netherlands the coming week. Might be a good oppertunity to go check the new outlander out in real life. Besides from a couple of video's and pictures I haven't seen the real deal jet. By the way; do you think the instyle comes with a glass roof that opens? Or is it just instyle+?

I chose the Instyle because of the sunroof. Later i found out it will only be available for the Instyle+. A fixed hitch isn't an option anymore on the new model. Only a removable hitch will be available. A Skidplate isn't available/needed anymore because they changed the mounting point.

What i ordered extra are the the chrome door handles, but they might be Instyle default as well. Nobody knowns for sure.

BobEngineer said:
greendwarf said:
jws said:

I test drove a Nissan X-trail with it, there were like 4 very wide angle cameras mounted 1 on each side of the car, the screen sort of joins all views together to create the illusion of looking down on the car from above with a view of the space all around.

I found it quite odd, the cameras are like fish-eye wide angle to try to cover the entire side of the car even close up so the views are pretty distorted making any judgement of distance and speed when manoeuvring feel uncomfortable, I am sure you learn to trust it after a while.

Surprisingly Nissan miss a trick with it, it would be great if the cameras were recorded to an SD card automatically if the car was jarred whilst parked, would be great evidence of being dinged if it kept 5 minutes before and after the trigger. It would show the other car arrive and its Reg. number and then the bump or door ding incident happen.

Thanks to you and JWS - now I understand :idea:

Back