Hints about Pricing and MPG for Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loyd

The probable mpge of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV would be 125 and the price can range from $40,000 to $50,000 AUD, which is $41,000 to $53,000 USD.
http://gas2.org/2013/02/19/hints-about-pricing-and-mpg-for-mitsubishi-outlander-plug-in-hybrid/

I really wish that a more official statement regarding the price of the Mitsubishi Outlander would come out of the woodworks. But if your info about it costing around $40k is true then its actually a sweet deal with all the gas savings.

Reading the news on all the new EV(electric vehicles) and PHEV(plug-in hybrid electric vehicles) is making me think that the automotive industry is going to be reshaped in the next few years and it is obvious that in a decade or two all the cars produced will be atleast partly electrically powered.

That would finally be the end on the ridiculous oil prices.

With this electric vehicles and hybrids coming out, what is the expected gas savings per year, especially for someone in the USA?

Wouldn't the cost come back to you with the electric bill? I know gas is more expensive than electric, but electric isn’t cheap either any more.

My experience driving a Mitsubishi i-MiEV for the past year is that driving on electricity is far less expensive than gasoline. At normal electrical rates in California of about $0.14US (fourteen cents) per KWH it costs me about 3 cents a mile. I just switched to the E-9 rate structure for EV owners (cheap power late at night) and my costs will be less than a cent and a half per mile. That's $15US per 1000 miles. I keep a Ford Explorer for trips to the mountains but it only gets 17 mpg, so I'm really looking forward to the availability of the Outlander PHEV in the US. I wish they would build it with a 20kw battery pack, but that could make them too expensive.

No new price estimates? Hope this comes in below $40,000 before rebates. Sounds like the perfect vehicle for me.

Yeah, the price of this will really make it or break it for a lot of people I think!

However, if it's any indication, look at how it's price in other countries. There's a reason the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is selling like hot cakes, because it's priced well for it's features. Mitsubishi would be crazy to not keep that up in North America too!

(they are clearly targeting North America since it's one of the markets that is right after the initial launch countries)

Back