Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2014/2015 UK Specs?
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:52 am 

Hi folks, first time poster here.

I’m in the market for a 14/15 PHEV, but I’m struggling to find the details of the specs available for those years. I’ve searched this forum and trawled through pages of google results but still don’t know the difference between a GX3/4 and GX4H/S.

Can anyone help?

Post subject: Re: 2014/2015 UK Specs?
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:03 am 

Try this.. https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests ... ion=prices

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:09 am 

If you have Facebook, you should find the sales brochures from most years on the 'Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV UK' group.

Otherwise I'm sure when I was looking to see if a PHEV was right for me I managed to find the 2014/2015 brochure as a PDF with a few searches on Google.

In a nutshell though, on pre-facelift (ie up to late 2015):

GX3h - halogen headlights, basic stereo, parking sensors
GX4h - leather seats, HID headlights, satnav, DAB radio, touchscreen, sunroof, electric boot, electric heater, wifi connected app, reversing camera, heated seats
GX4hs - as GX4h, but with adaptive cruise control, FCM (auto braking before hitting something), lane departure warning.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:02 am 

richr wrote:
If you have Facebook, you should find the sales brochures from most years on the 'Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV UK' group.

Otherwise I'm sure when I was looking to see if a PHEV was right for me I managed to find the 2014/2015 brochure as a PDF with a few searches on Google.

In a nutshell though, on pre-facelift (ie up to late 2015):

GX3h - halogen headlights, basic stereo, parking sensors
GX4h - leather seats, HID headlights, satnav, DAB radio, touchscreen, sunroof, electric boot, electric heater, wifi connected app, reversing camera, heated seats
GX4hs - as GX4h, but with adaptive cruise control, FCM (auto braking before hitting something), lane departure warning.

Thanks mate, this is exactly what I was after! Think it’s the GX4HS i want then. My dealer has found one with roughly 60k mikes on it for £15k, but seems a tad dear to me. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:30 am 

That seems about right. I bought my 15 reg GX4h with about the same mileage in January for £15k. Prices tend to be higher in winter anyway, so a GX4hs with similar mileage for the same price is good value - assuming it's in good condition obviously. Insurance can be slightly cheaper on the GX4hs due to the collision mitigation system.

I'd have liked a GX4hs, but there weren't any within 100 miles of me in the four months I was looking in my budget (unless they were tatty or high mileage). I wasn't prepared to compromise that much just to get adaptive cruise control which whilst is nice, it's not a necessity. FCM an LDW I'm less bothered about.