High miler

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SySwan

Thinking about buying a PHEV. Seen a 65 plate with 100k miles should this put me off. There are examples with half the miles but a good 5k more expensive

High mileage on a PHEV will generally mean that the car has used the ICE far, far more than the battery, so the battery and EV system should be in good condition for a car that age. So it really comes down to how well you think the rest of the car stands up to high mileages. Obviously any car will have things go wrong as the miles mount, but I think the PHEV is fairly well engineered and few people report problems on high-mileage cars

Thank you for the reply. My research does reflect what you have said. The savings on such are great.

I'm keeping a look out seen some examples about 12k with 100k miles. For me my daily commute is 5 miles each way and little bits on the weekend and then 3/ 4 times a year long drives for holidays etc. On paper the car should suit. At the moment I have a diesel Orlando which doesn't like my short commute - DPF! :x

Investigate the free PHEV watchdog software for Android.

This will tell you the drive battery condition.

An older car might also have had multiple Rapid charges which some say isn't as kind as Fast charging.

Older models start at 38Ah capacity new and go down from there.

Partly from old age but also the Mitsu battery software isn't the best.

On the Tech Section there are methods to reset that software back to a sensible reading, which will give you more ev miles before the petrol engine kicks in.

£12k for 100k miles sounds too pricey, my 20k miler cost £15k.

Thank you got the app and a obd2 adaptor. I'm looking at face lift gx4hs lower mileage ones 60k are about 17 to 18 grand huge difference having higher miles but battery check will be a must

Mitsubishi is said to build their cars for 300.000 km and having driven mine for over one third of that I tend to agree. I would just look at the general condition of the car and the official battery condition report. Some of those high mileage cars are virtually like new. The odometer should be the least of your worries.

SySwan said:
I'm keeping a look out seen some examples about 12k with 100k miles. For me my daily commute is 5 miles each way and little bits on the weekend and then 3/ 4 times a year long drives for holidays etc. On paper the car should suit...
I bought ours for much the same reasons and with expected similar usage, though we seem to be doing more motorway runs than expected :roll:

We were looking for one with electric heating, so that we could use it fully-electric even in winter when cars without would start the ICE solely to produce heat. At that age, it meant anything but a 3h: so a 3h+, Juro or higher.

FWIW we paid £16k for our 40k pre-facelift 4hs in March 2018, but I haven't kept up with how prices have moved since then

Thats a good price, where did you get yours from.

spoke to Mistubishi garage in Leeds over the weekend. They have a 16 plate GX4h for £16k but has done 70k miles feels a bit high priced plus they were awful on part ex value

Back