Buying an MY17 - Battery Report question please

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToBuyorNottoBuy

Hello and thank you for all of the great information that is available on the forum, I'm reading and trying to retain as much info as possible!
I'm in the process of buying my first PHEV, and I'm currently looking at a 2017 Juro with 15'000 miles on the clock (40Ah from new as I understand)

I asked the dealer to carry out a battery condition report and they came back to say the battery SOH was 32.4Ah, when I said I thought that sounded a bit on the low side for a 2 year old car with only 15'000 miles on the clock they said they would perform a full over night test. I said that I didn't want the battery to be 'balanced' or 'smoothed' as this would give a false reading (as I understand it?) and they said that they would just do a full battery drain and test - a DBCAM.

They have now come back with a reading of SOH 37.6Ah number (number 18 on the BMU readout) so a drop of around 5% which I am happy to live with.

Is there anything I should be worried about between the two reading of 32.4Ah and the new reading of 37.6Ah or is that normal?

Also is there any other information on the BMU results that I should be looking at, like I say this is all very new to me and I want to make sure I've done as much research as possible before I commit to the purchase.

Thank you all for any help :)

3 Battery cell maximum voltage 4.096V
5 Battery cell minimum voltage 4.09 V
7 Battery total voltage 327.4V

393 Sum total time back up 27 month
394 OBC integrated current value 9 Ah*1000
395 Quick charge integrated current 0 Ah*1000
396 Stop time back up 27 month
397 Charge&Discharge integrated cur. 26216Ah
398 BAT.capa. secular deterioration 8.95 %
399 BAT.capacity cycle deterioration 6.58 %

For a new guy you're pretty clued up!

I thought 32Ah at 20K miles was poor on my car, but 32 at 15K shows how poor the BMS software is IMO.

Those other values on the report probably tell a story, someone will comment I hope as I'd like to know too.

Thanks Michael, it's a big investment so I've been reading up for about 6 months now trying to help make an informed decision, like you say hopefully someone with a greater understanding of the reports will shed some light for us.

I'm looking at a 2016 with a few miles on it. I have PHEV watchdog and OBD2 adapter what would be an acceptable SOH?

Anything else I should look out for on the app.

Back