GX4h or GX4hs

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From your other post it looks like you are looking for a "65" plate car, I have a "15" plate pre-facelift GX4h, the only thing that the GX4hs had extra was some safety kit like lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control, which some people seem to like or loath (I am personally happy that I didn't get the 4hs as the 4h already makes enough warning beeps as it is). What it does give you though is a lower insurance group for the higher model. There might have been other differences added after the facelift in 2015, maybe someone with a "65" plate model could tell you of any other differences, but I think it was mainly cosmetic.
Good luck in finding a car.

Thanks for the replies, yes I think I will be sticking with the GX4h. Wont do allot of motorway driving so normal cruise control is fine for me tbh.

I have a pre-facelift 4hs. I wasn't particularly worried about the model when we were looking as long as it had electric heating. I can't comment on the cheaper insurance as I've never had a quote on another model. I don't think the price difference after a few years is all that significant, so I would worry more about the overall condition of the car rather than the spec, as long as it's in the right ballpark.

The safety gizmos are a mixed blessing:
-The ACC is a boon on long journeys, especially in slow or heavy traffic, or in road works with average speed checks. I miss it now on other cars
- LDW beeps whenever you cross a line without indicating, and often finds other lines in the road such as repairs and beeps at you anyway.
- The collision detection is generally good, though I did have a couple of false positives in a multi-storey car park, which caused it to emergency brake due to a nearby parked car. That was fixed changing the detection distance from "far" to near and has only pops up now when some idiot squeezes into too small a gap.

Sorry, to open an old thread again, but I'm sat here excited about picking up my 65 plate GX4H phev this Friday.
I'm a little confused....I'm assuming ours is the face-lift model seeing as it looks different outwardly from other 2015 models.
Something that's driving me mad is whether or not it had lights in the footwell (I'm a sucker for ambient lighting). We viewed during daylight (as most folk do) and didn't notice. Can anyone confirm whether it will have footwell lighting or not please?

Back