Hello everyone, had a weekend test drive of an Outlander

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodiesdad

First post, so excuse the rambling...
Possibly a future private purchase, it's too expensive on my employers car scheme.
Currently drive a Skoda Superb 2.0tdi Estate
Most of my journeys are 20 mile round trips 3 times a week, any longer business trips I do I'll get 21p/mile

Comfy enough to drive, not as well made as the Skoda. Interior seems so out of date, infotainment system is horrible (but then again so was the one in a Toyota Corolla hybrid I test drove)

I think I've averaged 100mpg over the weekend, did see as high as 181mpg on one 18 mile run. I did use charge mode for a few miles on one run which obviously had a impact on mpg but even then some of the driving was in still in EV- is this normal?
Heavy brake regen was just weird in sport mode, pretty much one pedal driving

Do most owners just leave it in normal mode or are you constantly faffing switching drive modes?
With it only being used mainly every other day, I assume I can just have a 13amp socket put outside for charging? Or is it better to get a propper charge station?

You will be constantly faffing in the beginning, after a few thousand miles you will settle on this scheme or something similar:

Pottering about for max 30 miles:
Do nothing, just hit the EV or ECO button if desired.

Motorway use:
Hit Charge or Save to make sure you can do the low bit on the end in EV and arrive empty for your next charge

Use the regen paddles to descend hills.

A 13A socket and the "Box" will do just fine. Don't put your toaster on the same circuit, though. ;)

Yes, the interior is rather simple, although a bit spruced up (unneccesarily IMO) on newer models. It is quite hard-wearing, though. After six years use, it still looks quite good, the leather is mostly like new, quite a difference to the lived-in look of the Conolly leather of my previous car after just one year...
Don't forget that this is a utilitarian car which is not designed for the luxury market.
As for the infotainment system, I am quite happy with it, but then I came from Jaguar which trained me to accept the worst user interface imaginable. This one was a breath of fresh air.

Back