Buying ex fleet

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusz

Hi
I have had my 4h company car for almost 4 years, in fact the lease expires at the end of March.

The car will only have approximately 39500 miles on the clock.

I am thinking of buying the car off the fleet company as I am now semi-retired and for the local trips to my sons it is ideal.

Does anyone have any idea what I might expect to pay. Obviously it should be less than forecourt prices.

Thanks

When we sell our fleet vehicles we offer them to staff for whatever 'we buy any car' quote... there are other car buying websites and I am in no way affiliated!

We bought our 2015 64-plate 4hs from a Mitsubishi dealer almost 2 years ago. It had 40k and we got it for significantly less than £19k. Yours will be a year older and a slightly lower spec. I don't think secondhand prices have gone up that much for these cars

Well I got a price from the fleet company which was over the forecourt price that my local main dealer had indicated. After sending them a further email they revised their offer to the forecourt price. Well above the price indicated by the main dealer as a buy-in price or "webuyanycar.com".
The car sadly, will be being returned within the next few days. So ends my 4-year and almost 40000 mile experience of plug-in hybrid driving.
As I now predominantly work at home I only cover around 8000 miles a year so it would be rather expensive/extravagant to have the car standing on the drive unused but depreciating.
I will now be relying on my 2005 Nissan X-Trail 2.2 diesel.
Thanks for all the advice on this forum.

Dusz said:
Well I got a price from the fleet company which was over the forecourt price that my local main dealer had indicated. After sending them a further email they revised their offer to the forecourt price. Well above the price indicated by the main dealer as a buy-in price or "webuyanycar.com".

Go on, tell us what that was for a laugh.

I don't blame you, an old diesel car still makes a lot of sense, both financially and environmentally.

The revised quote was still £2000 to £2500 above the main dealer buy-in price or the price indicated by webuyanycar.com.

greendwarf said:
littlescrote said:
an old diesel car still makes a lot of sense, ……...….. environmentally.

How?

Because it has already been made and still emits less CO2 than a PHEV under certain driving conditions. When I say old, I don't mean 1980's, I still mean anything Euro 5 or above.

Back