My First Service on my 2019 PHEV , Dirty Air Filter .

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alim

Hi , I send this email to Mitsubishi ,
I took my 2019 phev for first service ( 9038 miles ) 487 Upper Elmers End rd Beckenham BR3 3DB I notice my dirty air filter was not change , Is this the usual case for Mitsubishi , Do i need to replace my self,

Thank you for your website enquiry.
I can confirm that the Air Filter does not require replacement on the first service, it is however recommended to be checked for any clogging or damage.
Upon inspection, if Masters Mitsubishi felt that the filter required replacement it would have been done as part of the service.
I do hope that this information has assisted you with your enquiry.

Regards,Victoria
Mitsubishi Motors in the UK
Victoria Manning | Customer Service Manager
Customer Services Phone: +44 1285 647774
e-mail: [email protected] the reply ,

Attachments

• AIR.jpg
    AIR.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 100
Good morning Mr Ali,

Thank you for your email response.
Having reviewed the matter a little further, I can confirm that the photo doesn’t indicate the filter being clogged or damaged, therefore, must have been deemed acceptable by the dealership. Again, the service maintenance checklist advises to complete a visual inspection and replace if found to be clogged or damaged.
In regards to the Mitsubishi Service Plan, as the maintenance sheet does not stipulate a replacement being required until the 3rd service, and the service plan costs are calculated based upon the maintenance sheet, the pre-paid costs mean that you wouldn’t have paid for a filter which hasn’t been replaced.

I do hope that this has been of assistance to you.

If you are unhappy with the dealerships decision to not replace, you could seek a second opinion from your next nearest approved Mitsubishi dealership.

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 42
Alim said:
Good morning Mr Ali,

Thank you for your email response.
Having reviewed the matter a little further, I can confirm that the photo doesn’t indicate the filter being clogged or damaged, therefore, must have been deemed acceptable by the dealership. Again, the service maintenance checklist advises to complete a visual inspection and replace if found to be clogged or damaged.
In regards to the Mitsubishi Service Plan, as the maintenance sheet does not stipulate a replacement being required until the 3rd service, and the service plan costs are calculated based upon the maintenance sheet, the pre-paid costs mean that you wouldn’t have paid for a filter which hasn’t been replaced.

I do hope that this has been of assistance to you.

If you are unhappy with the dealerships decision to not replace, you could seek a second opinion from your next nearest approved Mitsubishi dealership.

Back