1st Outlander PHEV being picked up

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne010

Hi all.

Well I've finally done it.

I'm picking up my 1st Outlander PHEV on Friday.

2017 GX4 model in grey 26,000 miles on clock.

So the question is have I made a good choice?

So many conflicting reviews (I'm based in the UK), it is dealer bought.
So the question is.

What else will I need (dealer says I can plug it straight into the mains at home)

Any advice or tips will be great.

Thanks

First advice : ignore 85% of the advice you get on internet forums.
Don't try to use it as a pure EV vehicle; it is not. It is a hybrid with extended EV range. That means that the ICE will be running from time to time and is just as important for the functioning of the car as the battery, and both enhance one another.
You mention mixed reviews, those are caused by people not understanding the concept and regarding it as a full EV with range extender. That is something else.
Just drive and enjoy it.

jaapv said:
First advice : ignore 85% of the advice you get on internet forums.
jaapv's right - including on here ;) People want different things out of their cars, so what works for them may not work for you. Just drive it for a bit and find out what works for you and what you'd like to change/improve. Then have a look on here to see if someone else has asked the same questions - you'll find that many have been asked before, sometimes many times.

My advice is to listen carefully to what everyone has to say, and then ignore most of it and just do what feels best for you, not what others say is" the best".

Back