Battery Report & EU Warranty (answered)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theo

Hello all. I've been lurking the forums and sucking up information for the last month or so, and now that I'm in the market and looking at PHEV's its time for my first post.

I'm living in Greece and checking out cars for import from the German and Dutch market. I have one in particular that is an 97 model with 79,000 km ( I know its plenty but 26,000 km a year generally means it was used on the autoban).

The seller has provided me with a battery report, and although I don't know German, i'm pretty sure its the 12v auxiliary battery. He also provided me with a picture of the screen in the car but I don't think it says much. Is there some readout in the cars system that I should ask for? I'm pretty sure that PHEV Watchdog is not an option.
rZ1Cjhi_wJKk3yQgWBPDsma4DMYqbP-ZOIAneGWoS7-gJvr5zmRCqLUCyrCpDVV2_EUGWTQiPdT37kVfPxxwmALNjQTv1kephuOrYcn3E9xOe7VDsDX-9K7NKNzR7OBfANGXs_FZrw=w2400

AS1k310kd4MBeYoJU4qpekPuVdU21Daykpfs__0iPETyQ19uyh9hbFjSDn-7w1QpbnYFguh7klR_ToqTBJC1q6Uzzo-gLYU1q90w6RVxVUi0c9Cp4QoUG2HvPkPdDgCT7yv97xib1A=w2400

Also, since the cars first registration was 05/2017, it should have 2 years of warranty on the engine and 5 years on the battery. Should I have a problem with the Greek Mitsubishi representative holding up the warranty?

Anything else I should look out for?

Thanks in advance!

Theo

One more question, because I'm having a hard time finding the different trims offered (and their standard equipment), the cars registration has the following trim levels listed:

CW0
GGP21
ATABRRA5AAAA

I've seen GX labeled trims, but I can't seem to find any info on a GG trim.

Any help is much appreciated!

yes, that's the 12V auxilliary battery report and is entirely useless. looks like the seller has no clue about how the car works, which is probably because it's been used as a 'self charging' hybrid for most of its life doing autobahn km.

I'm pretty sure the previous owner used it as a hybrid on the autoban and rarely if ever charged it (the charging cable looks unused). This is why I think the battery's soh should be relatively good.

I also think the seller, who is a Peugeot dealer, doesn't have a clue, as they gave me a copy of all the cars papers, including that "battery check". So I don't think they are trying to hide something, but is there any way to get a battery health readout through the cars emmc?

So I spoke with the central Mitsubishi dealer in Greece.

They weren't aware of any 8 year battery warranty. They said that all they know of is a pan european 3 year warranty. Of course the first PHEV sold in Greece is the 2020 model, so maybe they just don't have all the info.

Should the car come with a warranty booklet? Does this warranty booklet have details about the duration of the battery's warranty? Does anyone have a picture of one they can show me (that I can also send the dealer and ask if they have it).

Its a 2017 model year.

Just seen your post hence late reply and thought it might help to know the following:
I am in the UK I have a MY18 Outlander 4HS which has a booklet supplied with it that is called "Pan-European Services" and has 3 sections. In Section 1 are the the service schedules, service records, recall records etc. In Section 2 Warranty terms and conditions. In Section 3 Mitsubishi Motors Assistance Package.

This should accompany the car and if it doesn't ask why and/or don't buy especially if it is still in warranty (incidentally my warranty is 5 years/62500mile car and parts and 8 years/100000 miles for the traction battery) If you want mre details pm me.

Katmandu, thank you for the reply. I spoke with both Mitsubishi Motors Europe and the local Mistubishi importer and they confirmed this.

The pan-European warranty includes:
5 years / 100,000km Warranty
8 years / 160,000km Warranty on the traction battery
5 years MAP (Roadside assistance and other amenities in 30 European countries).

This is in effect in most European markets (exceptions were Russia, Belarus and Ukraine I think).

All you need is the Pan European Services booklet, and all maintenance to have been completed at authorized Mitsubishi dealerships.

No problem.

I think your biggest problem will be finding a Mitsubishi dealer that knows about the PHEV for servicing. My nearest dealer has one member of staff who has had specific training on the PHEV but when I asked them to do a dbcam on my vehicle to restore the full capacity of the traction battery (they have a history of premature degradation, check the numerous threads on this forum) they had to phone round other Misubishi garages to find one that knew how to do it

Back