Phev orders

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

I just made an order for my Outlander Phev. :cool:

PHEV Instyle Navi, Metallic black with off-white interiour.

Finnish list price for PHEV Instyle Navi version is 53995 euros, including car tax 4489,92 euros.

Car tax is linear to CO2 pollution so that tax for the PHEV very low in Finnish standards. Tax on regular cars is commonly 30-40%.

In addition, The government grants an 30% refund on the leasing cost of the vehicle if I agree to carry on a GPS equipment for educational purposes. Refund does not apply to direct purchase.

Delivery expected in September. It will be a long wait.

Congratulations Garrett.

I hope you will keep us posted on your experiences with the Outlander :D

Sirlu10ent said:
I have been told that the Outlander PHEV orders have been delayed in some markets.

Yes, Outlander has been delayed in Australia so far, are there any more markets? because I see you have written markets so I wonder are there more?

:cool: I presently own a 2011 Chevrolet Volt and find it saves lots of money in fuel usage but it has some disadvantages that I expect the Outlander PHEV will not have . Long trips in the Volt are uncomfortable , front wheel drive and the low clearance make winter driving limited so I store it for the months of January and February and other days with snow on the roads , the dash console is way too cluttered with touch options (about 48), that distraction from driving is inevitable when trying to change one simple option and other options are accidentally changed while trying to keep an eye on the road . The heated drivers seat gets turned on often due to it's location . The Volt has been giving a battery range of 48miles warm weather and 26 miles cold weather ( below freezing ) in the past 2 years so far . The Volt has giving me for the 23,000 miles a 105 mpg average. I anxiously await the arrival of the all wheel drive Outlander PHEV . Charles

charrock said:
:cool: I presently own a 2011 Chevrolet Volt and find it saves lots of money in fuel usage but it has some disadvantages that I expect the Outlander PHEV will not have . Long trips in the Volt are uncomfortable , front wheel drive and the low clearance make winter driving limited so I store it for the months of January and February and other days with snow on the roads , the dash console is way too cluttered with touch options (about 48), that distraction from driving is inevitable when trying to change one simple option and other options are accidentally changed while trying to keep an eye on the road . The heated drivers seat gets turned on often due to it's location . The Volt has been giving a battery range of 48miles warm weather and 26 miles cold weather ( below freezing ) in the past 2 years so far . The Volt has giving me for the 23,000 miles a 105 mpg average. I anxiously await the arrival of the all wheel drive Outlander PHEV . Charles

That really is a bundle of useful info about the Volt, I think that you made the right choice when choosing the new Outlander PHEV over the Volt.

Dannyboy said:
Sirlu10ent said:
I have been told that the Outlander PHEV orders have been delayed in some markets.

Yes, Outlander has been delayed in Australia so far, are there any more markets? because I see you have written markets so I wonder are there more?

First European country for launch is the Netherlands.
Additional launch was set to be july this year, but because of the recall, the launch is delayed to mid-october.
In the Netherlands there's a really nice tax deduction for this car.
Pricing € 43.990, will only cost a company about € 6.500 because of these tax deductions......., but only if the car is here in 2013.

Because only 7000 from the initially ordered 10500 Outlanders can be delivered in 2013, the car will be more expensive if delivered in 2014

At least it is being delivered! The delay was a little setback, but reports keep saying that Mitisbushi is doubling their production of the Outlander Plug-in for 2014 launch in the US. Hopefully it works out for them!

BrotherBig said:
At least it is being delivered! The delay was a little setback, but reports keep saying that Mitisbushi is doubling their production of the Outlander Plug-in for 2014 launch in the US. Hopefully it works out for them!

Lets hope that this is true for the Outlander because they are walking a thin line with these delays it could be too late when they come out especially if some other carmaker has a PHEV SUV to rival him, it could halve the Outlander PHEV sale numbers.

Well, that's actually possible. The Outlander plug-in may not have much in the way of SUV competitors, but it does have some.

Lexus has the RX series SUV coming out in 2014. It's only a matter of time before other SUVS start coming out.

Are you suggesting that the Lexus RX is coming out in a plug-in hybrid? If so, please quote your source! that would be awesome! If you are saying the RX is coming in a hybrid... it is already here.. has been since 2005. There are hybrid SUVs out there, but none (as far as I know) are plug-ins.

boyelectric said:
Are you suggesting that the Lexus RX is coming out in a plug-in hybrid? If so, please quote your source! that would be awesome! If you are saying the RX is coming in a hybrid... it is already here.. has been since 2005. There are hybrid SUVs out there, but none (as far as I know) are plug-ins.

Lexus has discussed releasing a plug-in SUV since 2009 or so, but they don't seem intent on bringing it to fruition. The latest rumours have it coming out next year as 2014, but we'll have to see.

I agree with ActionableMango (great name btw) that comments on the VW Crossblue. Have you seen the specs? It'll be a nice SUV, and competitor to the Outlander PHEV. Mitsubishi will get their car out as the first SUV plug in hybrid in the States. When there's a few more out there, that should be fun!

BobMarin said:
Lets hope that this is true for the Outlander because they are walking a thin line with these delays it could be too late when they come out especially if some other carmaker has a PHEV SUV to rival him, it could halve the Outlander PHEV sale numbers.
Definitely a concern. Mitsubishi's on a knife's edge in the U.S., and the O-PHEV could really help them here, but they need to get it into the market to generate some buzz. It sounds like Mitsu's trying to catch up with JDM demand and gradually roll out in Europe before even starting to ship to U.S., and that could be a mistake. I still don't see anything on the horizon to rival it just now (I'm not worried about Volkswagen, since I think we can guess where their pricing will be if they even deliver the fancy drivetrain demo'ed in the concept), but Mitsu's really telegraphing their punch on this one with their NA market competitors. It would be a shame to see them lose first mover advantage on this to some Escape Energi or Equinox Voltec, whose marketing muscle could drown out Mitsu even if their product's not quite fully baked.

Astute response! I really like you're take on it, and whole-heartedly agree. In particular, I enjoyed your comment on "first mover advantage".

I guess we'll just have to see what Mitsubishi does with their Outlander plug, but really, it's getting close. Altogether, though, it might even be a commentary on the entire hybrid or plug in industry. We're seeing this sort of story played out repeatedly.

The Nissan Leaf, the Chevy Volt and the Prius all have a public mark. People know who they are - aggressive marketing, reviews, and (oh yeah) you see them on the road. It still amazes me how much people don't know about electric hybrids.

So now Mitsubishi is saying other countries are delayed 3-6 months, but no word on North America. I guess it's safe to say the Outlander PHEV won't get here until mid 2014? (4-6 months after the original January 2014 release date)

marta said:
So now Mitsubishi is saying other countries are delayed 3-6 months, but no word on North America. I guess it's safe to say the Outlander PHEV won't get here until mid 2014? (4-6 months after the original January 2014 release date)

This is my first post on this forum, so to start with, I would just like to say that I really appreciate all the good info and valuable discussions here!

Anyway, I ordered my PHEV in the end of April and just got informed that they have been or are being loaded on to the freight ships and will be arriving here (Sweden) in late November/early December!

I was worried the wait would be longer, so this is good news for me ... but, ofcourse, maybe I shouldn't count my chickens before they're hatched.

If you want to see a test drive (in Swedish), have a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkjrVHocJDw

Garrett said:
I just made an order for my Outlander Phev. :cool:

PHEV Instyle Navi, Metallic black with off-white interiour.

Finnish list price for PHEV Instyle Navi version is 53995 euros, including car tax 4489,92 euros.

Car tax is linear to CO2 pollution so that tax for the PHEV very low in Finnish standards. Tax on regular cars is commonly 30-40%.

In addition, The government grants an 30% refund on the leasing cost of the vehicle if I agree to carry on a GPS equipment for educational purposes. Refund does not apply to direct purchase.

Delivery expected in September. It will be a long wait.

Garrett, any updates on your order? It's September now, have you received it? Have you received notice as to when you'll be getting it?

flaco said:
Anyway, I ordered my PHEV in the end of April and just got informed that they have been or are being loaded on to the freight ships and will be arriving here (Sweden) in late November/early December!

I was worried the wait would be longer, so this is good news for me ... but, of course, maybe I shouldn't count my chickens before they're hatched.

If you want to see a test drive (in Swedish), have a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkjrVHocJDw

Flaco - I am so jealous! In North America we've had the release date bump back, and we still don't know what the price on the Outlander PHEV will be.

Please keep us updated on your order status! Maybe the admins can create a section for people to post about their orders?

Back