About to purchase, couple questions pls

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afmuir

Hi, new to the forum and the car so hello!
I am looking at GX4H cars around 2015 and 55-65k miles with good history etc and budget around £12.5k. I have seen one near me from a Toyota dealership and test drove and all seemed good. 62k miles, 3 owners, unmarked, metallic grey, £12900. Also seen one online from Mitsubishi garage about 300 miles away, franchised approved, black, 56k miles, 3 owners, black, same price. Would have to be bought unseen pretty much but I’m thinking franchised approved, pretty low risk. With each I’d be trying to understand battery condition through a battery report, maybe better luck getting that from Mitsubishi one. I’m in early discussions with both.

So, couple questions pls.
I’m tempted by the one further away as it’s approved, maybe better colour (?, subjective I know), bit less miles. First question, I assume franchise approved is at least worth something and gives some more peace of mind?

Second question, smaller one, from pics looks as if the approved car has a boot screen type thing that draws back to hide things, the other car pic doesn’t seem to. Assume that’s a standard fitting that should be there?

Thanks very much in advance. And any tips on what else to consider would be much appreciated!

Thanks

It's a standard fitting on the top models, but an optional extra on the lower models.

It's always possible that a dealer would remove it and then try to sell it to you as an accessory.

Thanks for confirming, I’ll watch out for that. This is a GX4H so assume it’ll be standard.

Any thoughts on benefits of ‘dealer approved’? Gives a year warranty and roadside assistance from what I can see. The non-dealer car is from a Toyota dealership, has full Mits service history and I’d negotiate a year warranty on it.

Just a quick thought about black. I looked at one in black before it was cleaned and prepped and put a deposit down as it seemed ideal. Then I took SWMBO back with me to look it over once sorted with a view to buying it there and then. But once we saw the black paintwork in the sunshine, it looked awful - covered in tiny scratches and it really let the car down. We walked away from it.

YMMV

Thanks, I was moving that way myself actually for same kind of reasons. And my wife not a fan of black so think that’s out.
The non franchise garage (metallic grey) dropped price and offering year warranty and battery health check like ‘they do on their Toyota hybrids’.

Back