Private sale 4h or dealer 4hs?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afmuir

Hi, looking at two potential cars, both white 2016, one is private sale 4h at 35k miles and £14.5k, other is Mitsubishi dealer 4hs 47k mikes at £15.8k. Trying to figure if the dealer version is worth the extra ££. I would get bit better spec (but do I need those driver aids?) plus 12m warranty. But £1300 more. Any thoughts?

if the difference includes the heated seats, go for the higher spec model

:D

Your back will love you for them.

I was in a very similar situation, choosing between a 4H and a 4HS with about £1.5k price difference - 2017 on a 66 plate so that you pay no road tax!

Ended up going for the 4H as the previous owner had already installed a towbar (use it for my bike carrier) so figured that was an even greater cost saving

Basically it's down to your personal preference, they'll drive the same. If you ever use intelligent cruise control go for the HS, also the other safety features may lower your insurance, so check that before you buy the car

I think both have the electric heater, heated seats, app with pre-heat/cool function & ev priority button, my 4H does

As said, check the difference in insurance cost between the 4H and the extra safety devices of the 4HS which is said to bring premiums down which could negate the price difference over several years.

You may not NEED the S features until you do need them. The active cruise is helpful sometimes, sometimes it's a pain. But the emergency stop assist MAY well save you £££ one day if it saves you running into something in a moment of misjudgement or tiredness etc.

thanks everyone - did a history check on the private one and has outstanding finance so staying clear. Thanks for the comments

Back