Mitsubishi PHEV 2019 Australian runout - should I buy it??

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evfanboy

Hi everyone.

I have an opportunity to purchase a "brand new" 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Exceed ZL Auto AWD with 15Km on the clock. Price is about 9k less than a 2020 one. My biggest fear is the fact that the car has been in storage for so long. Anyone stored a PHEV for so long, and what consequences this might have on the battery?

It comes with a remainder of a new car warranty until 2026, and battery until 2030.

Any info, what to look out for or any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hi evfanboy,

Was this from a prominent Brisbane "bayside" mitsubishi dealership? Did you end up buying the car? I ended up getting the '19 MY20 ES ADAS with 10km on the clock. Build date July '19 with the 2.4L /13.8 kwh battery.

I haven't got the PHEV Watchdog set up yet as I'm still waiting for the ODB2 dongle to arrive, but the guessometer states EV range of 62km after about two weeks of ev driving and recharging at home. Bartons said the car had been in a container(?) and from what I can tell so far the battery seems fine.

Once EV watchdog is working I'll advise the battery SOH.

Hi mate.

Yes, it's from Bartons. I'm doing the deal tomorrow, but I will not sign unless they give me a written warranty, and a printout of the SOH of the battery. I wanted the TV, but no such luck... :D :D

Just ordered the Vgate ICar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter from eBay, to document the battery etc after every drive/charge etc.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers!

I also bought one of the runout ES ADAS cars in South Australia, and the battery seems fine. My only disappointment was I didn't realise that this model didn't come with the electric cabin heater, so it wants to start the engine whenever it's cold outside, but other than that it's great. You won't have that issue with the Exceed - sounds like a pretty good deal.

BrianTheSnail said:
I also bought one of the runout ES ADAS cars in South Australia, and the battery seems fine. My only disappointment was I didn't realise that this model didn't come with the electric cabin heater, so it wants to start the engine whenever it's cold outside, but other than that it's great. You won't have that issue with the Exceed - sounds like a pretty good deal.

Great! Just picked up today and put about 90kms on it so far. Playing around with the charge and save functions, but pretty impressed with the car sofar.

Unfortunately they didn't clean it like a "new" car should be cleaned. Have to get rid of some light oxidation on the front grille( you can clearly see where the protective plastic was) and I'll give it a good once over. You can't expect much from stealerships anyway.

Congratulations on the new car BrianTheSnail & evfanboy

I received the ODB2 adapter and got PHEV Watchdog going. 91.7% SOH with 892 km on the clock. Maybe the battery was left completely flat for a year and a half?

I'll see how it progresses and probably post an update here at some point.

Back