2015 GXh Purchase Concerns

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1973cat

I've put a deposit on a 2015 Outlander GXh.

The finance has been approved, but I've not signed any contract etc yet. The car is just short of & 15k.

The mileage is currently around 56k.

I guess my concerns have arisen since reading through this forum.

One of the main ones being the battery state.
I'm not buying from an approved Mitsubishi dealer, but they are formerly mitsubishi maybe 3 years ago was the last car they sold as mitsubishi. They do also stock alot of phev and electric cars.

Having being registered in early 2015 I believe the battery won't be in warranty.

They seem a very genuine company and offer their own 1 year warranty on everything it seems. The car has FSH.

Would the best course of action be to ask for a report on the battery?

Also, are there any known faults that pop up on these cars around this age,other than the usual wear and tear?

I'm conscious the car will be 7 years old very soon.

Apologies for the long post! I've never really been anxious when purchasing a car before and I've done it a fair few times.

But for some reason, due to the unknown with these cars, it is making me worry!

This may help answer you question

https://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5714

You don't say where you're based, as each country has different setups.

Have a look at Richi's FAQ for loads of information. There's a link in there to a FB page with warranty information for UK PHEVs. Depending on date of registration, 2015 PHEVs could have 5 or 8 years battery warranty

Back