Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokkyphev

Hi New to this.

Looking to test drive and possibly buy my first PHEV. Been driving a BMW 520d M Sport for a while. So looking to change.
Seen a 2016 65 plate registered Jan 2016 Black GX4HS for £16K. Looks great but looking to go and have a test drive and look around. Could someone help and advice what to look for? Your help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Make sure it has a decent amount of charge in it, preferably about 50%, so that you can properly test the EV mode with enough regen to be noticeable. A full battery will not allow regen, and an empty battery will not allow EV mode. Good luck with that, most dealers don't bother and drive them around with an empty battery, which will give you a little bit of EV if you're lucky, followed by a period where the engine runs at what sounds like a very fast rate to recharge the battery for a bit to give you a few miles of EV and repeat the cycle.

Check the brakes for evidence of sticking calipers, particularly the rear brakes and handbrake mechanism as they're prone to issues. Apart from those, nothing major to look for, except paintwork (thin and soft) damage and underbody corrosion.

Hi,

I bought one a few months ago, and I don't have any regrets! It drives really well and I'm averaging 33 km per liter now, including slow charging at home.

I'd say get yourself a bluetooth or wifi OBD dongle and download the PHEV Watchdog app on your phone, see https://phevwatchdog.net/ for more info.

You can check out things like cell balance, temperature, state of health, etc. It will tell you much about the battery condition. Those batteries are really expensive to replace, so better make sure to get one with a decent battery.

Back