US Tax Credit

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionableMango

I'm curious what the tax credit will be. Please by all means double-check my logic and numbers.

IRS tax code states:
For vehicles acquired after December 31, 2009, the credit is equal to $2,500 plus, for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kilowatt hours. The total amount of the credit allowed for a vehicle is limited to $7,500.
Outlander PHEV has a 12kwh battery pack, so:
$2500 base credit for the vehicle itself
+$417 "for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a bettery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity"
+$417x(12-5) "additional $417 for each kilowatt hour in excess of 5"

Total: $5836

ActionableMango said:
I'm curious what the tax credit will be. Please by all means double-check my logic and numbers.

IRS tax code states:
For vehicles acquired after December 31, 2009, the credit is equal to $2,500 plus, for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kilowatt hours. The total amount of the credit allowed for a vehicle is limited to $7,500.
Outlander PHEV has a 12kwh battery pack, so:
$2500 base credit for the vehicle itself
+$417 "for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a bettery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity"
+$417x(12-5) "additional $417 for each kilowatt hour in excess of 5"

Total: $5836

I checked out the numbers you posted and they seem right. Good job.

Back