Nissan Leaf test drive

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollycat

Driving Phevster home last week, had to go past Waitrose, figured I'd go get the groceries and get some kW at the same time.

There are 2 dual points. One has a nondescript EV, with guy reading the paper using the fast charge. The other has a Nissan Leaf, with 4 people in. They looked like they 'd finished, so I figured I'd ask to swap spaces, so I could use the fast charge there...

Turns out they are test driving the Leaf, and it's flatter than a very flat thing. They've got Polar cards, and an "app" - and no cable? Waitrose is Chargemaster...and I dont think the app works like an remote...

It's 5pm, dealership has shut, and they have no way to charge the car...some test drive. Don't think they'll be buying one.

Yes, I let them use my Polar card....and drove home smug on ICE...

Sorry, Ollycat, but I don't understand. If they had Polar cards already how did lending them yours help?

I hope you left them your card, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to unplug.... :eek:
I believe these points are not 'free' anymore, you get charged a £1.20 'administration fee'.... :eek: :eek:

jdsx said:
I hope you left them your card, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to unplug.... :eek:
I believe these points are not 'free' anymore, you get charged a £1.20 'administration fee'.... :eek: :eek:

Still depends where you are and what sort of site. I recently used a street Pod Point in London for free with my Source London card. It's probably Waitrose taking the money :(

Back