The electrification of an Austin Seven RP using 'Outlander'

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazeOff

Hi Guys,

Just thought (after watching ANDY on 'unplugged EV' videos) that I would make contact with you EV lovers (for you are all at the least) the battery users) - for that really is what the chats are about........

So, I have totally stripped a 1933 Austin Seven RP ready to install 'Outlander' batteries [48 = 14 in reserve] and hopefully make the conversion the FIRST IN THE WORLD (can anyone better that???).

Of course the purists and traditionalist have taken it badly :cry: and when I joined the "Friends of the Austin Seven" forum, I discovered there are many who are not really that 'Friendly' and the Tribe took to beating the drums - all around the world. Ho Hum.......

The progress can be seen at http://www.immortal-gems.co.uk and I look forward to staying in touch as the batteries are the ONLY motive force, but the ADVANTAGES of electrification are overwhelmingly fabulous.

Attachments

• IMG_1490 2.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 71
Wow! Welcome. Not sure where you are but you would find a friendly audience in the uk electric vehicle owners Facebook group. In fact I think there is a diy ev Facebook page too. Good luck!
Cheers
H

I'm having 2nd thoughts about this - the Austin 7 is a very small car. I find it hard to believe the battery pack would fit the chassis never mind any motor etc but it is a bit early for April 1st. :lol:

Back