Lexus NX300 series

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollycat

Anyone tried a Lexus NX? Apparently lots of Outlanders are traded in for these. We haven't had a proper test drive, but the spin the sales guy took us on was enough to make us start number crunching!

They look nice but I’m unconvinced by Lexus/ Toyota hybrids, still shelling out old technology and installing small batteries with no plug in option.

We got a Toyota C-HR as a hire car for a week; it's basically the same system underneath and I hated the driving experience. It's like having a PHEV and never plugging it in. What's the point?

Craigy said:
They look nice but I’m unconvinced by Lexus/ Toyota hybrids, still shelling out old technology and installing small batteries with no plug in option.
...and they push the absence of a plug as a good thing. Little wonder the CO2 value is 135g/km for the NX. The price assuming a typical Lexus interior and finish is quite impressive though. I'd have paid 5% more for my Outlander if it had the Lexus interior, looks and finish.

ThudnBlundr said:
We got a Toyota C-HR as a hire car for a week; it's basically the same system underneath and I hated the driving experience. It's like having a PHEV and never plugging it in. What's the point?

The point used to be tax reduction, but I don't think that applies now, does it? I do like the electric (effectively) automatic transmission. If the government carries through its plan to ban conventional petrol engined cars, the Toyota/Lexus model may become the only way to purchase a genuinely useful vehicle at some point in the future.

Back