In car audio. Satnav/CD/Radio/Bluetooth etc

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinthedriver

Hello all. New user here. Am driving a Mitzubishi Outlander. Company car. I don't get on with the onboard satnav, so I use the TOMTOM App on my iphone, which is paired to the car (for taking/receiving calls)

This seems to mean that I cannot listen to the car radio/CD whilst using the TOMTOM App if I want to hear turn by turn commands and more importantly, Camera alerts.

Anybody got any ideas please?

You need to set the phone to talk to the car via HFP (Hands Free Prompts).

Bascially, there's two ways of sending the bluetooth info from the phone to the car. One is kind of 'direct' like how you'd stream music and the other (HFP) talks to the car as though the phone is receiving a call. When you receive a call, the car is clever enough to interrupt the music playing and resume it after the call is finished, so using that method for sending turn directions to the car solves your problem.

Instructions for doing this at: https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/make-iphone-navigation-prompts-play-over-your-car-speakers-when-listening-radio-0160397/

Back