TPMS on the PHEV - no pressures, what a joke!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
littlescrote said:
Claiming to be able to measure any meaningful temperature at the valve cap is a joke.

Not to worried about the temperature's I just treat it as a rough guidance, its the tyre pressures and the early warning alarm

jaapv said:
Don't you use normal caps? Exactly the same for removing...

No the steelmate pressure sensors are very fiddly to remove and require a spanner to undo the lock-nut.

If you don't use the lock-nut, any passing moron can steal them (and they can fall off).

I haven't needed a spanner nor a lock nut, just the rubber gaiter and they haven't come adrift yet in eight years' time. The number of cap thieves must be high down under - probably all of ours have emigrated there. :lol:
The spanner provided with the set is really meant to hold them when you open them up to replace a battery, not to screw them on and off, except when stuck.

Minor correction, the spanner is not for "screwing them off", it is for undoing the locking mechanism, nothing more, nothing less.

If you're not using the locking mechanism, then I can understand that it's less hassle.

The replacements are far superior, giving a colour display of tyre temperature and pressure.

Back