cleaning

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

All my previous motors always used autoglym products and they have been good.

But my phev getting it next week is in glacial light blue [wife had choice of colour], not a colour that gives a deep shine like my prev cars, and the ones i have seen out about in traffic [all 3 of them] have been dirt magnets like white vans that have never been cleaned.

Many months back was up all night unwell so flicked through the tv channels and one of the advertising channels with long ads had a polish they put on the glass and paintwork and dirt and grime never stuck and i think it needed doing every six months or so and it said never have a dirty car again.

Now anyone tried these are they a gimmick that does not work or the bees knees. Cant remenber the channel or the name of the product anyone in the know can report back please. cannot find on the internet or shops.

My dealer delivered the car with Waxoyl paint treatment. I had no say in it :twisted: :twisted: .
After more than a year it still shines like the day it was delivered. (provided I run it through the carwash once a fortnight. ;))

I was under the impression that Waxoyl was a chassis treatment to prevent rust from the inside out - do they do a paint treatment too?

You may find some useful information by entering into the detailing world.
This is a good starting place http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/.

Be warned, many hours may be lost in this world.

RazMan said:
I was under the impression that Waxoyl was a chassis treatment to prevent rust from the inside out - do they do a paint treatment too?
http://www.opulentwaxoyl.com/PaintSealant.php

Mine had supra guard (or some other) treatment. Must say that it still has the rain water beading nicely and muck washes off nicely whenever it rains. Not washed it once.

Hi

I use Autoglym Bumper Care on the whole car. It's hard work applying and removing, but leaves a brilliant shine, and the water just runs off.

Also a couple of micropore cloths are essential for after washing to remove excess water which will evaporate and leave stains, particularly noticeable on black.

Cheers

Chris

I was not after the waxoyl treatment, this was an expensive polish you apply yourself. Autoglym bumper restorer is a first class item for bumpers, I might try some on the paintwork see how it goes.

going to scan on the sky channel ads channels to see if i find it again and get the product name i think it was american.

jaapv said:
No, it is professionally applied coating with a certified guaranty.
MAN, I wish I'd live a little closer to the Netherlands!
I know, you got some mighty fine car detailers up there!!!

Back