GX4hs Lane Departure Warning - set to "off" at startup

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy123

It can be done - used the radical and little-used technique of reading the manual, and there on page 7-61 it is. Turn it off using the button, then hold the button for 10+ seconds, when "LDW2" appears on the screen. The LDW will then be set to "off" when you start up, and you need to "opt in" to turn it on.

Apols if this has been posted before, but it's the first I've seen of it.

It took me a few goes, but once you get LDW2 in the display then it is indeed set to "off".

Happy days - another (slight) irritant dealt with...

Andy123 said:
It can be done - used the radical and little-used technique of reading the manual, and there on page 7-61 it is.

Thanks again for finding this! It is indeed in the paper version of my manual in that car, but not in the PDF I have on my computer which I was searching.

All off now, and much better - thanks!

DarkMeister said:
Now to find a way for it to start up in eco mode. :cool:
I never bother with that. The only time it gets switched on is when my daughter is in the front and she's playing with the buttons.

Finaly LDW is Off by default!

That leaves only the seatbelt alarm (in/out of the garage/port, briefly moving car etc).
And - the beeping from ACC whenever it loses a car sight momentarily.
And - beeping when MMC connect with Bluetooth phone (every time the car is turned on).
And - beeping when the door opened and the key is in the groove / the small shelf.
And - beeping when you go out to open the garage door while the car is on.
And - the loud alarm whenever the tailgate is opened and closed electrically (wakes the whole neighborhood in the morning).
Any more?

If in addition the "Eco" button could be changed to "El-only" the car had almost been perfect!

They really do like the "Blinking, Beeping and Flashing" don't they?

I'm starting to feel sympathy for William Shattner's character in "Flying High II"

We often use my PHEV to run groups of people round at work and it has become a running joke about the amounts of beeps and bongs the thing makes.

PhevWestNorway said:
Finaly LDW is Off by default!

That leaves only the seatbelt alarm (in/out of the garage/port, briefly moving car etc).
And - the beeping from ACC whenever it loses a car sight momentarily.
And - beeping when MMC connect with Bluetooth phone (every time the car is turned on).
And - beeping when the door opened and the key is in the groove / the small shelf.
And - beeping when you go out to open the garage door while the car is on.
And - the loud alarm whenever the tailgate is opened and closed electrically (wakes the whole neighborhood in the morning).
Any more?

If in addition the "Eco" button could be changed to "El-only" the car had almost been perfect!
I wonder if there is a difference between early and later cars. I never have been able to get it into this mythical LDW2 mode...
Anyway, the tailgate does not beep when you open/close it manually and I really appreciate the car telling me that I am forgetting my keys. The seatbelt warning - AFAIK it is illegal to turn it off in many countries.
And of course a car that is so electronic assumes that you have a remote for your garage door... :lol:

Hi Jaapv

There was certainly a difference between the UK manual and the AUS version (where LDW2 doesn't get a mention). If you have the capability to switch it off it should be in your version of the manual. It does make a difference - I now only switch it on on dual carriageways and motorways as it used to beep all the time round the country areas where I live.

Well, yes, I switch it off on secondary roads, if only to prevent comments from the passenger seat about sloppy driving ;). I treat my car like a light aircraft, setting all parameters before moving off.... :lol:

I find LDW particularly valuable on long motorway drives after nodding off and scraping the lefthand guiderail with a previous car on the Autobahn once. :oops: :oops: . I did have my excuses, but still...

Well, yes, I switch it off on secondary roads, if only to prevent comments from the passenger seat about sloppy driving . I treat my car like a light aircraft, setting all parameters before moving off....

I am a pilot and I'd actually thought about doing a post about my "pre-flight checklist" :lol:

Please include:
- turn on Wifi dongle
- power up raspberry pi
- wait for second wifi network to appear
- connect phone to second wifi
- open browser and open webpage with dashboard

:mrgreen:

Has anyone found a way of disabling/muffling the tailgate audible warning mentioned? This car is on my shortlist but I noticed that particularly annoying 'feature' at the dealership - I really couldn't live with that (my neighbours would see to that!) and I don't see why I should manually close the thing when I paid for an electric tailgate. As a general moan, it beggers belief anyone could think that such a feature was desirable in any country/culture. Damn dangerous if you ask me (neighbours again). :|

Yep - open/close it manually in situations when you don't want the beep. Otherwise just disconnect the speaker (easily done).

I love the feature - I especially like the way I can open the tailgate as I am approaching the vehicle with a full shopping trolley so the beeps warn people to get out of the way. The other main time I use it is when I reverse into the drive with shopping in the boot. I have to open the tailgate to empty the shopping before reversing the car nearer the garage to charge up. It is nice to know that when I have pressed the switch before getting out of the drivers seat that it is actually opening :D

EssexBoy said:
Has anyone found a way of disabling/muffling the tailgate audible warning mentioned? This car is on my shortlist but I noticed that particularly annoying 'feature' at the dealership - I really couldn't live with that (my neighbours would see to that!) and I don't see why I should manually close the thing when I paid for an electric tailgate. As a general moan, it beggers belief anyone could think that such a feature was desirable in any country/culture. Damn dangerous if you ask me (neighbours again). :|
There was discussion of this ages ago - you should be able to find the thread if you search, although the search function here is pretty poor :roll: . I have disconnected the audible warning, although others have 'muffled' it by putting tape over it, which I think is probably a better solution.

jdsx said:
EssexBoy said:
There was discussion of this ages ago - you should be able to find the thread if you search, although the search function here is pretty poor :roll: . I have disconnected the audible warning, although others have 'muffled' it by putting tape over it, which I think is probably a better solution.

Yup I have now found the general grizzle about the beeps and bongs, dings and dongs. On reflecting on Neverfuel's enthusiasm for the chime, I can see it might have merit in some circumstances. I also was reading a spec sheet for the new 16MY version and guess what, they listened, and the new model has a single dong for the tailgate :) !

Back