Parking alert system seemed not best

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

Hi All on the Forum!

When I test drove the Outlander PHEV it was very pleasant, not heavy like a tank and nice through the turns. One thing that was a problem for the parking sensors on the front.

I would not recommend them and turned them off in my testing because they will beep when driving by a closely parked car or even a hedge box along a driveway.

Does someone have experience the same problem, or perhaps was it a single issue on the plug-in hybrid that I drove!

The parking system sensors have received negative reviews, but too bad for most they are bundled in the upgrade package with the LED lights and other preferred accessories. One option would be to opt for an aftermarket parking assist system with 4 sensors? That's not an option if leasing as cutting holes in the bumper etc is probably not an option with a leased Outlander PHEV!

That is a good point about having a backup camera makes the sensors not as necessary. If I get the upgrade package that comes with the parking sensors I wonder if there is a way to disable the sensor beep or not?

There is a pushbutton that will mute them - but only once - they will start beeping again on the next occasion.

It can be muted as they said, so it takes a little bit to get used to it but it can be done. And then if you do need it it will work on its own.

outlanderphev said:
The parking system sensors have received negative reviews, but too bad for most they are bundled in the upgrade package with the LED lights and other preferred accessories. One option would be to opt for an aftermarket parking assist system with 4 sensors? That's not an option if leasing as cutting holes in the bumper etc is probably not an option with a leased Outlander PHEV!
I speculate they left out the central sensors because they might interfere with the Forward Collision Mitigation and Adaptive Cruise Control systems.
Both of which work really well in motorway driving.

Back