Defrost climate control setting of car alarm

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzenator

Hi
I have had the preheat climate control set to auto defrost these last two mornings and each time the demisting starts it sets the car alarm off.
No problem with the heating setting.
Any ideas?
Thanks

I had a Citroen C8 that would trigger the alarm in hot weather where hot air would be "seen" by the internal sensors. Suggest that you turn the internal sensors off when you park. Alternatively, you can, if you have the MMCS, adjust the sensitivity of the internal sensors in the Settings.

Obviously a far better class of citizen means that car theft is lower where you are.

The 4h I am awaiting to have delivered has one. It is knock / tilt sensitive and has ultrasonic sensors built into the front roof light dome. If you leave people in the car when the alarm auto-arms, then they will trigger the alarm if they move! You can disable the internal sensors by flicking one of the indicator/washer arms when leaving the car.

PHEV has an alarm system? I have never seen settings in the MMCS, or had any false alarms. I use the door button for locking and unlocking. Might have to use the fob.

Well, even the PHEV app has some controls for this. Most are not available on my phone, as I do not have the factory alarm. But on the last page (Settings) there is still an option to pull up a log showing when the alarm has gone off. Obviously, my log is empty :geek:

jthspace said:
Obviously a far better class of citizen means that car theft is lower where you are.

IIRC the reverse is true - they need to have even better alarm/immobilisers than required in UK. As I've observed before, you could steal a car in Holland and be half-way to Moscow before anyone realised, whereas here ANPR cameras mean you won't get far without being spotted (see "Hunted" Ch4 Thursdays) :?

But to go back to the OP - this came up last year at the same time, due to the internal condensation problem on autumn mornings. This seemed to resolve itself as it got colder into winter (at least no more posts ;) ) but you could try setting the fan speed lower, which should still clear the screen but with less violent air movement may not trigger the alarm.

AUS shipped cars don't seem to have the fancy alarm. No interior sensors, so no issues with fan operations setting off the alarm. Have auto-re-locking set to ON as well as sounds for lock and unlock and will see how this works. Never had a car with a factory fitted alarm.

fwiw, I never found a permanent solution to this problem, and I'm expecting it to return soon now the colder weather is here... :(

jdsx said:
fwiw, I never found a permanent solution to this problem, and I'm expecting it to return soon now the colder weather is here... :(

As you have the GX4h I assume you have the alarm / ultrasonic internal alarm. Maybe check the manual as to how to disable the internal sensors. I think, from memory, you can permanently turn them off via MMCS?

UPDATE

The manual (Section 4 Page 25 and Page 27) warns that the alarm should be disabled if the air triggers the alarm.

Turn the car off. Raise and hold the wiper and washer switch to the "mist" position for about 3 seconds. The buzzer will sound twice and the function will be activated.

I think this is a one-time switch and will need to be re-done after the next journey.

You can always try one of these or large dehumidifier bags left in the car: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I3VKBJS

Not got one, but was considering it.

Back