Bird's eye view on GX4H

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how as you need the wing mirrors with the built in cameras, software to control them plus a different wiring loom

amirvenus said:
Is it available on 64 please (MY 2014)?

I think it is but it needs to be the GX4Hs or GX5H variants.

There is a thread on here somewhere for a retrofit using a different head-unit also >> https://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3894&p=46725&hilit=retrofit+camera#p46725

I would imagine it would be fairly easy to retrofit using genuine parts also, the feed to the MMCS would still be a single video input so add the extra three cameras and the box of tricks that stitches the images together...

greendwarf said:
Nibbo said:
I think it is but it needs to be the GX4Hs or GX5H variants.
Not sure these variants existed in 2014 when I bought mine.

Just had a good look around... the 4hs & 5hs were available in 2014 but I cannot find one with 360 degree cameras.
Looks like it was only introduced for the facelift version with the newer head unit. Definitely a feature I want in my next car though.

I think this came in with the 2016 facelift. My 65 plate (UK) GX4H is a 2016 model year and has it. It is very useful.
The only thing I'd change is to leave the 360 view on for a bit after to changing to forward gear so you have it for thet last bit of parking without pressing the button on the wheel.

I'm sure this is way to late for the OP but for future reference you can get aftermarket 360° /birdseye cameras that just have a 'RCA' video output. I fit one in my car and just ran the signal to a clip over rear view mirror screen.

Doubles as a 360° dash cam / crash recorder as well.

There are a few types on eBay but the one I specifically got was the same as this
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360-Degree-Bird-View-Panorama-System-4-Camera-Car-DVR-Recorder-Parking-Rear-View-/264407147859?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0

Pretty good but in all honesty I don't use it much, I think mostly because the screen I connected it to is too small.

Back