Split seat stitching

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallPaul

Noticed the stitching on the drivers seat is splitting. GX3H. Where the fabric section meets the faux leather edge. Only a year in so not great. Anyone else had a problem or is it the car's way of telling me to go on a diet :shock:

Hopefully get it sorted under warranty.

:evil: 4 months on and the second seat covering has started to do the same - seam splitting at the join between the vinyl and fabric, exactly the same position as last one - only done 1500 miles since the last one was replaced under warranty. At 6'6" I'm not average size/weight but construction of this seat covering seems to be crap (at least where they join together). Garage did say they get quite a few of these being replaced. Also now having a problem with the base padding which feels like it's come loose at the back from the seat and is moving a bit when driving, assume its not been re-attached properly. Time to go back to Mitsu again.

Generally, starting to see a few niggles with the build on the car now and still less than 2 yrs old and only 12000 miles covered. Apart from the seat am also getting a few rattles (one from passenger side dashboard that drives me nuts). The rear headrest can't be left extended or they rattle too. The interior plastics, particularly door trim areas seem to be scratching up really easily and whilst the light blue paint hides scratches quite well it's definitely picking up more than it's fair share. Going to be interesting to see what it looks like when time to return it on lease in 2yrs. Reckon I will need to put right a few things before it goes back (including the headlight that a beam convertor has completely stuffed where the adhesive has bonded with the plastic).

Love the PHEV mechanics on the car, it is saving me a £80 - £100 a month on an average month in fuel bills from my previous CRV even after charging as my driving profile is just about perfect for it and its a really easy/quite nice drive I'm not sure I will consider Mitsu again. Hopefully there will be a wider choice of PHEV SUVs to choose from in a couple of years time.

Resurrecting an old thread here.

I'm having the same issue.

Drivers seat is base coming completely off the unit. Clips that hold the seat down are not holding it in place.

Just wanted to know, how easy was it to get this repaired via warranty? I believe I still have warranty till the end of this year.

Also how long was the car with mitsu for?

Thanks

Back