SD card question - am I missing something

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Douglas

Having successfully moved my Itunes stuff onto an SD card following the reading of other posts all is well, except......
When playing a tune from the SD card is there a way to stop or pause it, short of turning the audio off ?

It's not a big thing but it would be nice to halt what is playing while looking through things to select something else !

Reading the manual it looks as if the feature exists if playing a CD so why not from an SD card ?

Graham

I can't speak for SD cards, but playing music from a USB stick offers the same facilities as a CD and 'remembers' where you were if you switch to other media and then come back to it.

I think holding down the "Mode" button is the equivalent to pause. A quick press again and it continues to play from where it left off. Hope that helps.

Confirmed - a long press of the Mode button turns the audio off (regardless of what media is playing). A long press on the Mode button turns the audio back on. In the case of the SD card, it resumes from where it was playing when you turned it off.

Ok scourded the manual and can't seem to identify the 'Mode' button.
There was a reference to changing the mode between repeat, shuffle etc but holding that button didn't silence things.
Which button are you referring to please.
Sorry to sound a bit thick !!

Graham

My 64 plate has a "Mode" button on the left hand side steering wheel. Now looking at the new updated model that button is not there, but in its place is a "Source" button. I assume they do the same thing, so give that a try!!

Yes I confirmed that holding the "Source" button down for a second or so turns the audio off (rather than switching between sources as it does with a short press) and another press resumes where you left off.
Shame that it turns everything off, rather than just pausing to allow you to scroll around without the music still playing.
Never mind I can live with it.
Thanks for the feedback.
Graham

Back