Wear to brake linings

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uptodat

I usually drive to maximise economy and use regen braking where possible. I am curious as to whether this practice makes much difference to the wear to brake pads compared to the diesel version. Does anyone know if linings last longer on the PHEV?

Uptodat said:
I usually drive to maximise economy and use regen braking where possible. I am curious as to whether this practice makes much difference to the wear to brake pads compared to the diesel version. Does anyone know if linings last longer on the PHEV?

I think they should last the life of the car.......
They don't do a lot of work.

I'm hoping for longer life from PHEV brakes but not lifetime of car for sure. The reduced use will likely have the side effect of more stuck brake pistons / rear caliper probs (see 'Seized rear brake caliper' thread). Use the brakes firmly as a regular check and use the parking brake regularly should keep them functioning properly. With good anticipation and regen braking a great deal of brake wear should be eliminated.

EssexBoy said:
I'm hoping for longer life from PHEV brakes but not lifetime of car for sure. The reduced use will likely have the side effect of more stuck brake pistons / rear caliper probs (see 'Seized rear brake caliper' thread). Use the brakes firmly as a regular check and use the parking brake regularly should keep them functioning properly. With good anticipation and regen braking a great deal of brake wear should be eliminated.

I think the brakes still get applied every time you stop completely.... so, there will be movement............

HHL said:
EssexBoy said:

I think the brakes still get applied every time you stop completely.... so, there will be movement............
Yes. they are.

Back