Any tips

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK

Hi,

I/my wife is taking delivery of an Orient Red GX4H hopefully in the 1st week of April. Any hints, tips, etc. would be welcome as we have never had a hybrid before. This will replace her Honda CRV which has served us well. However, I suspect in the near future diesel cars will be penalised. We live near Romsey in Hampshire and are purchasing from Sparshatts in Fareham.
Thanks in anticipation
Mike

You'll find much useful (and some contradictory ;) ) information on the forum. But my free tip is to get hold of a manual in advance from your dealer and wade through it, while gritting your teeth (and possibly wrapping a wet towel round your head). It's a complex vehicle and will repay your study.

Don't worry, Mitsubishi has designed the car to be driven much like a normal car without any previous knowledge. You'll grow into using it optimally within a few months with some help from the manual and some more from this forum.

Mike,
I, like you, was a PHEV virgin.
It has taken me 2-3 months to really get to grips with it. But once you are used to it it is fun car to drive. I agree with the other two replies. You will find (unless it has been improved) that the handbooks are not up to Honda standard :roll: and an enormous amount of info that you will want is not mentioned. I found that the best source of information and help is here on the forum. JAAPV is very knowledgeable as are many others.
I am in Poole and bought my ex Mitsubishi Management car from Poole Mitsubishi .
Good luck and have fun
Colin.

Figure out how you're gonna charge it. Like many I just use the cable that came with it and plug into a 13amp socket. But you will want your socket very convenient for your parking arrangements so plugging in is as easy as possible. You might not visit a petrol station for weeks (like me) but you'll need to plug in every night (or every time you return home). I had an external 13amp weatherproof socket installed just where I park it. As for driving it, it really is the easiest thing to drive from the outset.

Thanks for all your replies. Not sure if I can get an owners manual early. I have tried to find it online with no success. Is there one?
No problems with charging whilst at home. I expect garage forecourt visits to be far apart as I will probably use my XF for long trips. I look forward to learning and teaching the wife everything about it.

With my mainly town driving I recharge every other day on average (from a waterproof 13A socket screwed onto the front outside wall of my house) and I last put 22 litres of petrol in having covered 450 miles since the previous 25 odd litres.

Thank you Chris Miller for the link to the manual. All I need now is a week to read and digest it. Still it will give me a head start for when we take delivery.

You're welcome, Mike - credit is due to emm3t for finding it. I haven't located an up-to-date PDF of the manual for the MMCS, (almost equally complex) but here's the version for the old (Oz) model, which is fairly close:
http://1drv.ms/1TTEDOY

I've said it before, but I don't know why Mitsubishi UK keep these documents 'secret' (they're not unique in this behaviour) - they should be made freely available on their web site.

Back