Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: To consume old fuel, refuel 15L or more...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:56 am 

Hi,

I was very happy to manage the last 3 month without a drop of fuel. I am lucky enough that my daily commute can be done in pure EV, and as I did not do any long distance trips since August, I was sitting on a full tank of fuel.

But his afternoon, it somehow put itself in 'Charge' mode to force the engine to kick in. Anyone else aware of this? Can I disable it?

Thanks

JM

Post subject: Re: To consume old fuel, refuel 15L or more...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:50 am 

jmp wrote:
Hi,

I was very happy to manage the last 3 month without a drop of fuel. I am lucky enough that my daily commute can be done in pure EV, and as I did not do any long distance trips since August, I was sitting on a full tank of fuel.

But his afternoon, it somehow put itself in 'Charge' mode to force the engine to kick in. Anyone else aware of this? Can I disable it?

Thanks

JM

From the manual:

"The fuel in the fuel tank may not be consumed and it may stagnate for a long time depending on the use situation of the vehicle, the quality of fuel may change, and it may have a bad influence on the engine or the parts of a fuel system. Observe the following instructions for prevention.
• Press the battery charge switch to start the engine within three months at once.
Refer to “Battery charge switch” on page 7-22.
• Refill the fuel more than 15 litres at once within three months. If the fuel remaining display will be below half, you can refill the fuel more than 15 litres certainly.
Refer to “Fuel remaining warning display” on page 6-11."

Yay! My first post.

bbb 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:25 pm 

jmp wrote:

From the above it seems as if you had no idea this was coming, but from the title of your post it seems you know exactly what is going on ..... Or am I missing something?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:34 pm 

I think he's quoted the warning display word for word.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:36 pm 

Perhaps it's time to read the manual! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:17 pm 

jmp wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

JM
No you cannot disable it as it is meant to prevent damage to the fuel system by stale fuel.

Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:44 pm 

Not recommended but you can disconnect the battery for a few minutes and it resets this. All other settings setting are kept in memory. Good climate/environment, quality fuel and fuel stabilizer could mean you could go a year or more without refueling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:11 am 

Few question here .. does the car want to consume 15L every 3 months ? Or it is active if no ICE start happen in last 3 months ?

Every second day my foot is too heavy .. and even if I can be fully in EV mode .. I start ICE every second day by accident .. does this prevent the 3months stuff ?

About old fuel in the line ... is recommanded to use an additive to the petrol ? This is normally used for clean the fuel line on "old" car .. and does work quite well in this context

Thanks

e_lm_70

PS: I'm sill on my first fuel tank since I got my car, still it is only 6/7 weeks .. but my tank is over 3/4 .. so going to be there for a while at this consumption rate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:11 am 

The car will only do this if it has not had a refill for those three months.

Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:06 am 

jaapv wrote:
The car will only do this if it has not had a refill for those three months.

So ... it will still use ICE until a refill is done ?

So .. every 3 months is expecting refill?

So for who use EV mode as main source .. it will be needed little refill each 3 months .. or any additional fuel will do the job ?
Mainly .. should the car be driven with low fuel for avoid waste the full tank every 3 months ?

What about the fuel addictive ? Anybody use it ? (Redex is reported to do a good job .. but not sure is suggested or not in this car)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next