Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: To consume old fuel, refuel 15L or more...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:01 am 

Finally Chris an advantage of NOT having the electric heater in mine. Not only wouldn't I have the worry about wifi but because it was cold at the start of Lockdown I've been burning fuel to keep warm on even the short drive to the supermarkets hunting for toilet paper :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:59 am 

Slightly improved my position as I had to go out this morning for essential shopping (well it is SWMBO's birthday !) and to collect veg boxes for the village. Drove the whole time in Sport mode once I'd used up some battery :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:31 am 

Anybody know how long you can go after getting the message before refilling? Avoiding unnecessary journeys at the moment so will take a while to use up 15l of fuel. There is nothing in the manual about any deadline once the car puts itself in charge mode.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:57 pm 

I assume that you can go as long as you like, but until you've done the "Refuel 15l or more" the engine will run continually. I'm wondering how the car measures this - it can only measure fuel in the tank somewhat approximately, whereas it measures fuel consumed extremely precisely. Does it really mean it will continue to run the engine until 15l of petrol has been consumed? I may find out if I get to 19th June on (almost entirely) electric power.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:18 pm 

Well it has put itself in charge mode so I assume the engine will run until the main battery is fully charged. I doubt that will take 15l though so I wonder what will happen then?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:15 am 

If you have space in the fuel tank, putting in 15l kills the message - so it is not measured by consumption.

I don't think having a full battery stops the engine running when in forced charge mode just the charging.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:41 am 

A nice elegant solution. Thanks Steve. I have a trip coming up in 3 weeks where the existing fuel will be used up but was unhappy that I would have to drive on petrol until then. I tried Steve's solution which took all of 2 minutes and resolved the issue.

Stevepl11 wrote:
So many people want to make this more difficult than it has to be.

Open the bonnet. Remove the cover from the main fuse block. There is a green 30 amp fuse with a yellow remover on it. This fuse is identified as IOD. This stands for Igniton Off Draw, it supplies those things that remain live when the car is...Off. Pull it out. Wait a few seconds, put it back. Job done. The older fuel timer is reset. No tools needed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:55 pm 

It has been 90 days and 19 hours since I last filled the tank and I'm still not getting this message. I wonder how many days need to have elapsed before this happens.

Do you have to reach a certain speed before this kicks in? I just put the car in READY mode (but didn't move it from my garage).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:33 am 

91 days in 3 months here in UK :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:13 pm 

Checked again yesterday, at 92 days, 2 hours, 10 minutes since refueling. Engine still hasn't started.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next