Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: To consume old fuel, refuel 15L or more...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:32 pm 

Just looked upthread, and I see mine finally started after 93 days.... :o

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:05 pm 

jdsx wrote:

It's now at 93 days, 1 minute, since refueling and the engine still hasn't started. Does this happen as soon as you put it in READY mode or do you need to start driving/reach a certain speed/etc.?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:17 am 

STS134 wrote:
jdsx wrote:

It's now at 93 days, 1 minute, since refueling and the engine still hasn't started. Does this happen as soon as you put it in READY mode or do you need to start driving/reach a certain speed/etc.?

I'm going to take a guess that your tank is very low and your refuel warning is on? I had the same last night. I had driven it for well over 90 days but the last 30 days or so were with a low tank and the low fuel warning on but driven in EV only. The ICE did not start. However, I filled it last night with 15 litres as i will be going on a longer journey tonight and as soon as I went to Ready the ICE started. As I didn't want it on, I switched it off and then back to Ready and it didn't come on again, so I think there's a bug in the code.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:04 am 

littlescrote wrote:
I'm going to take a guess that your tank is very low and your refuel warning is on? I had the same last night. I had driven it for well over 90 days but the last 30 days or so were with a low tank and the low fuel warning on but driven in EV only. The ICE did not start. However, I filled it last night with 15 litres as i will be going on a longer journey tonight and as soon as I went to Ready the ICE started. As I didn't want it on, I switched it off and then back to Ready and it didn't come on again, so I think there's a bug in the code.

Actually no. My tank is nearly full, since I refilled completely after a road trip and then the lockdowns happened, and I have barely used any gas for 93 days and counting. Only time in 93 days was when I started the vehicle when it was 37°C outside and I had the climate controls set to 22°C and the engine started and ran for about 3-5 minutes, then shut down again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:43 pm 

Well, it might have been on the 94th day that the engine started :oops: ! IIRC it starts straight away once you switch on. Let us know what happens tomorrrow!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:37 pm 

jdsx wrote:
Well, it might have been on the 94th day that the engine started :oops: ! IIRC it starts straight away once you switch on. Let us know what happens tomorrrow!

94 days, 2 minutes since refueling: ICE still hasn't been forced on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:55 pm 

jdsx wrote:

Well this is interesting because it's now been over 95 days since refueling and the ICE has still not been forced on. This might actually be the longest interval reported here so far, so I wonder if:

- Mitsubishi changed the code that controls the old fuel burn off and increased the number of days (although my manual, for MY 2018, still says this happens if refueling hasn't happened in "three months")

- This is somehow dependent on the fuel level in the tank, i.e. the lower the fuel level, the shorter the interval. That might make sense, to some extent, because the less air in the tank, the fresher the fuel stays over time. And my tank is still nearly full.

- Battery charge level has something to do with it. My battery is nearly empty, at 1 bar, and the car would not even be able to go 1 mile without switching the ICE on. So maybe the computer has decided that no matter where I drive, the ICE is coming on anyway, and therefore, it doesn't need to switch it on and throw a message to the user saying why it did it?

In any case, what I'm experiencing is different than what happened to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:55 am 

In my case this only occurs twice per year.

So you may be watching for a while...

:)

1.5kW Solar, grid connected.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:42 am 

AndyInOz wrote:
In my case this only occurs twice per year.

So you may be watching for a while...

:)

Which model year? And what does it say in your manual?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:00 am 

Interesting, keep us informed.

I don't think it's as sophisticated as taking fuel level into account as otherwise you would think that they would write something in the manual to the effect of "90 days or longer depending on tank level".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next