MMCS keeps going back to the start of the play list.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fecn

Hi Folks - I've found that when playing mp3s from a USB stick, the MMCS seems to randomly go back to the start of the play list about 50% of the time when the car is powered on. It starts off playing the last track it was playing, but after about 5 seconds of playback it suddenly goes back to the first tune on the USB stick. It's bugging the hell out of me as I'm up to track 95 on the list now and I have to keep on pressing the next-track button 95 times in a row when I power the car up. It's doubly annoying as a lot of the things on my usb stick are 45 minute long podcasts and there's no way to fast forward through an mp3.

Is it just me? Has anyone else got the same problem, and has anyone got a fix.

Cheers!!

I read somewhere that the MMCS doesn't retain the track position when the USB is deselected or the MMCS is turned off, I can't remember if it was on this forum or in the manual. After reading that I have never used a USB stick for music but instead use the SD card as this does retain last played info. I know it doesn't fix the problem with the USB but it does give an alternative solution.

The USB retains the position about 50% of the time... but I'll try an SD card instead and see if that improves things. Thanks Sumpy

I had a similar issue. It started after I loaded some new albums onto,the usb stick.
Removing some albums solved the issue, so it was either too many folders or too much data (I Had over 8gb, but with around 5gb it is okay).

Yeah.. it was after I removed some old podcasts and added some new stuff onto the stick that it started happening for me too. I'll try reformatting the stick and see if that helps. Thanks

Rather than reformat I think you just need to reduce the amount of data and/or the number of folders.

Just a little update to this thread... I only had 3GB in total on the usb stick (a 128GB Samsung FIT thing), so I went with a reformat. Ever since then, I've been unable to get the MMCS to recognise the USB stick at all (though it still works fine in every PC I plug it into). I'll try some more experiments the next time I remember (I did a full format rather than a quick format today, but haven't got around to plugging the stick back in just yet).

For future reference, it seems the MMCS doens't like USB sticks which have been formatted by Windows10 (using exFat filesystem). Reformatting the stick from a linux machine seems to have made the MMCS happy to use it once again.

Fecn said:
For future reference, it seems the MMCS doens't like USB sticks which have been formatted by Windows10 (using exFat filesystem). Reformatting the stick from a linux machine seems to have made the MMCS happy to use it once again.
Thanks Fecn, I will give the USB a go now as it will be a bit easier than taking the SD card out to load podcasts onto.
Cheers, Sumpy :)

Hi guys for those still a bit in the dark, i found a solution from another forum

https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/outlander-2011-mmcs-does-not-remember-last-track-usb-mem-stic-39963/

it worked for me i have an Outlander Exceed 2014 model

Back