Is it 15 litres or 4 gallons?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austen

I have had the error message telling me that I hadn't used sufficient petrol in the previous 3 months and telling me to add 15 litres or 4 gallons. As a precaution I added 4 gallons but wondered if I could get away with 15 litres?
Actually when it happened the tank was too full to put that amount i so I was forced to drive around in charge mode for a few days, still did 30mpg though.

I wonder if they mean US gallons. 4 US gallons is 15 litres. 4 Imperial gallons is more like 18. I'm sure it won't be that critical anyway.

Steve

Has to be US, as you haven't been able to buy petrol by the gallon in UK in most readers "driving life" :lol:

I'm not sure it's either.

I had the dreaded "Engine started to maintain fuel system..." message on Saturday, and put $20 in the tank, which was less than 15 litres ( 12.5 IIRC).

Still cleared the message and the behaviour.

Now I have to go for a long drive to use the petrol up.

Daff said:
Now you are making me feel old. [...]

Steve

Let's keep politics out of this board please! The pro and anti Brexit debate has already virtually destroyed another discussion forum that I frequent...

You are right. Sorry about that. I have removed the words in question but obviously can't change the post that quoted it.

Austen said:
I have had the error message telling me that I hadn't used sufficient petrol in the previous 3 months and telling me to add 15 litres or 4 gallons. As a precaution I added 4 gallons but wondered if I could get away with 15 litres?
Actually when it happened the tank was too full to put that amount i so I was forced to drive around in charge mode for a few days, still did 30mpg though.

Or if you know you will be using 15l of fuel in the next few weeks or so you can simply disconnect the 12v battery for a few seconds and it resets the fuel warning. (you don't lose any other programmed settings)

Daff said:
Now you are making me feel old!

Steve

I remember buying 4 gallons (UK gallons that is) for £1!

That was when I had just passed my test way back in 1969 and my Dad gave me(us) an allowance on his business petrol account of £1 per week. Mind you the car, a 1954 Ford Consul Mk1, was shared between my Mum, brother and me.

Tipper said:
Daff said:
Now you are making me feel old!

Steve

I remember buying 4 gallons (UK gallons that is) for £1!

That was when I had just passed my test way back in 1969 and my Dad gave me(us) an allowance on his business petrol account of £1 per week. Mind you the car, a 1954 Ford Consul Mk1, was shared between my Mum, brother and me.

Earlier this year, I filled up the Landcruiser from a virtually empty tank and the bill came to around £100. As I was paying, I remarked to the cashier that my first car had cost less than that - and it came with a full tank! Ho-hum...

Back