Rear passenger door not opening

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2014PHEV

Hi, I have a 2014 PHEV and the rear door mechanism has stopped working. You can't open the door from the inside or the outside. I have tried locking and unlocking with the key many times. I am not sure if this is a mechanical fault or maybe something to do with the childlock or some weird combination of lock/unlock I may have done when trying to connect to the app. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Hi,
About a year ago one of my rear doors refused to open as with yours. Then the second rear door did the same thing. Then the front passenger door started to intermittently do the same thing. I stopped locking the car at all until the dealer managed to obtain stocks of 3 replacement lock mechanisms which were replaced under warranty. At this point I changed the setting of the locks, within the app, to not use deadlock locking as their default and has been ok since.

I had the same problem one year ago. It was intermittent and I ended up lashing it with wd40 from every possible orifice.
Uncertain result and it is back again.
Looks like a common fault to me. Now waiting for the day when it will open by chance and will see about stripping it down for a better look.
Wonder if it has been modified since. Mine is a 2014 model.

Unsurprising that this would be a recall, as being unable to use the doors in an emergency is a serious Health & Safety issue that would cause the manufacturer all sorts of legal problems otherwise. Having said that, I have had no problems yet with my 2014 car.

Back