Recommended (not winter/all season) tyres?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypermiler

So the time has come for me to replace the original Toyos. I have a set of winter wheels so just need some regular summer style tyres. I have been fairly happy with the Toyos but now I have the chance to look for something better...

I don't want budget but not ridiculous price either
I tow near the limit very regularly so need some heavy duty tyres
I want at least as quiet as the Toyos - so max 69 db I think
I want good economy, of course, longevity and grip. (Pref at least b rated on label).

My tyre man has suggested hankook but wondered if they are budget as can't find any that are that highly rated...
I was thinking of Michelin or Vredestein (my winter tyres are Vreds).

Anyone got any great tyres they can recommend? Thanks in advance - I am finding the choice mind boggling and I need to get some ordered as weather is warming up!
Cheers
H

I was happy with Continental Cross-Contact UHP. Considerably more stable than the Toyos and they lasted about 40.000 km.

I don't like Michelin as I find the side walls are too thin but I have got Toyo R37s which seem better than the original Toyos and much tougher than the Michelins.

Ive used hankook on previous cars without issues - more mid range brand rather than budget.

Thanks all. I’ve decided to try the Vredestein sportrac 5. Extra load rated which presumably will be good for towing, Fairly high Eu ratings, 69db, reasonable reviews and under £100 each.
Cheers
H

Hypermiler said:
Thanks all. I’ve decided to try the Vredestein sportrac 5. Extra load rated which presumably will be good for towing, Fairly high Eu ratings, 69db, reasonable reviews and under £100 each.
Cheers
H
Yup, I shall be doing the same for the same reasons. Plus I am delighted with their winter tyres.

Back