Newbie questions

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nindagley

Hi everyone - bought my first phev 4hs , 2015 last week. UK.
So far , so good . Couple of niggles sorted.
But got a couple of questions, hopefully you guys can help with .
1- battery range after full charge says 22 miles with aircon off . This is before I start journey . Is this correct ?
2- unable to connect my s9 plus to the remote app. Any suggestions.
3- can you turn driving lights off ?

nindagley said:
Hi everyone - bought my first phev 4hs , 2015 last week. UK.
So far , so good . Couple of niggles sorted.
But got a couple of questions, hopefully you guys can help with .
1- battery range after full charge says 22 miles with aircon off . This is before I start journey . Is this correct ?
2- unable to connect my s9 plus to the remote app. Any suggestions.
3- can you turn driving lights off ?

Battery range shown is just a rough estimate based on how it was last driven more or less, it will/can vary every time you turn on car even after a full charge. Of course the car doesn't know where your going today, uphill, downhill, fast, slow so obviously cannot accurately know what range it will have that day, hence a guess on your most recent 'style' seen

What do you mean connect to the app? you have the app installed and it runs ok? make sure you have the right version, there are different versions depending on the car revision (and which media system) installed. Do you see the cars wifi signal on the phones wifi scan? (previous owner may have turned the car signal off)

No you can't turn the driving lights off, EU legal requirement, they go off when main lights are on. Why would you ever want to turn off the driving lights??

Ok , thanks for your reply.
I've been very conservative to say the least with my driving style , so tbh I did expect a little more mileage. But it is what it is.
I've not been able to connect the app at all. Made sure I have the right version , followed my manuals instructions, videos etc. Times out on connection screen . I have read a few issues regarding the samsung s9 plus .
I only asked about the driving lights , as I have a bulb gone out . Turn them off until I can fix.

Try to get your phone connected while it s on flight mode.
I tried to connect mine (DOOGEE ) many times, my dealer told me that there might issues with chinese phones.

After trying with all other connections closed (flight mode) it worked.

greetings from Bavaria

You can pull a fuse to turn off the Daytime Running Lights. It should be obvious from the manual if you have one - if not let me know and I'll look it up! IIRC that fuse only does the DRLs, nothing else!
22 miles sounds about right to me.... especially if you live up a hill like I do....!
Can't help with the Samsung issue, soz - iOS user!

Back