4th service in UK - cost?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypermiler

Hi
How much am I going to have to shell out for my 4th service (46k miles). I also need an mot. Has anyone managed to haggle? I plan to use the Ripon dealership. Thanks.
H

I'd like a figure to go on, too. Not due til September, but I'm not sure whether to go independent, now my local Mitsu dealer is no more. They don't seem to do much to the electrics, anyway, and the ICE is, well, an ICE! Oil and filters, with a service reminder check reset, seems to be it.

I'd be interested to know as well....coming up for my fourth service due at the end of June... but then the first proper deliveries to the UK (other than dealer demos) were June 2014 so I guess we'll just have to be guinea pigs.... :eek:

I had mine yesterday. £350 inc MOT at local main dealer which seems a lot to me. Due to tester being sick, they outsourced the MOT but that is standard £40 fee. Quoted value exc VAT for service is &194 with the rest being parts, oil etc.

Uptodat said:
I had mine yesterday. £350 inc MOT at local main dealer which seems a lot to me. Due to tester being sick, they outsourced the MOT but that is standard £40 fee. Quoted value exc VAT for service is &194 with the rest being parts, oil etc.

Here in Poland I did paid around 330 euros ... for the 120k km service.

So ... the UK price is even looking better the the service price here

Apparently each service can be slightly different in cost, since based on the km/mileage the list of items in the service is a bit different.

Anyone seen a list of what goes into the 4th year service? I'm planning on doing it myself.

The above figures seem reasonable compared to what Palmers in Hemel just quoted me! £379 inc vat plus £20 collect and return and this does NOT include MoT .
Anyone know of a more sensible solution around Hertfordshire?

So I've just been quoted £390 for London (Barnes) and £290 for Normandy Garage near Guildford (+ £38 for MOT).
I was prepared to pay a rough £50 premium for London but £100 is beyond my notional threshold so I'll take it to Guildford where I have family close by to visit.

maby said:
Anyone seen a list of what goes into the 4th year service? I'm planning on doing it myself.
Thought you might be interested to see the MK Mitsubishi service costing;

50000 SERVICE
7803A109 AIR REFRESHER ASSY 1 £17.12
BRA205 DOT 3 & 4 BRAKE & CLUTCH FLUID 1 £4.19
CTH101 MULTILIFE C-THREE FULL SYNTHETIC 5W/30 4.6 £34.45 (£7.49)
HWDISP HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL 1 £5.00
MD050317 GASKET,O/DRAIN PLUG 1 £0.99
MD360935 ^OIL FILTER, PET,CARTRIDGE 1 £8.17
MF660036 NLA GASKET LEVEL/DRAIN PLUG 2 £3.44 (£1.72)
SP029690 SCREEN WASH 1 £2.07
Parts £75.43
Labour Time 2.10 (£94.95) £199.40
VAT £54.97
Total £329.79

Hope it helps!

Today paid £313 for the 3rd year service - 37500 miles although mileage is only c. 27k. MOT was done 2 months ago separately for £48.50.
Both done at Mitsubishi Exeter.

Just been quoted almost identical prices (£312 and £317) for the two dealers nearest Glasgow.... About what I expected; glad I don't live in London :lol:

Just realised I never came back about this. I went for a further 3 year service plan incl mots. It worked out at £587 I think it was - deposit and 16 interest free monthly payments. To cover services 4,5,6. I was pleased with this. I also had to have an earth strap replaced but was a relatively small job.
Cheers
H

Brumgav said:
Looks like about £226 inc VAT and collection on a website called MotorEasy, check their website.

What are the views on here by having your car serviced through third party companies and not Mitsubishi dealers?

@Brumgav - How was the service through MotorEasy?

jaapv said:
My view is that third party repair shops are unable to service the electrical/electronic/digital part.

That was my thinking, but how much of that is actually serviced or even checked unless there is an issue. I'm still on the fence and not sure which route to take and will be completing further investigation before i make a choice. My next service is the 3rd service and will be coming up shortly.

Thanks for your comments.

Back