Newby..... a little question

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarge955

Hi Just picked up my 65 plate 4h last week and loving it .
just took it out at night for the first time, and noticed that the window/mirror controls on the door aren't lit up and I was struggling to get the right one! should they be lit up? neither side are so maybe not. don't want to start ripping the door apart to change a bulb if there isn't one.

sarge955 said:
Hi Just picked up my 65 plate 4h last week and loving it .
just took it out at night for the first time, and noticed that the window/mirror controls on the door aren't lit up and I was struggling to get the right one! should they be lit up? neither side are so maybe not. don't want to start ripping the door apart to change a bulb if there isn't one.

Seen other people complain of this and it being a Japanese trait. Not got mine til next Monday but I believe all are the same..

No, window switchgear doesn't illuminate. In the dark I still frequently lower the rear window by mistake. My 1998 Jeep Cherokee had considerably better quality (and illuminated) window switches than the PHEV. Had the dubious pleasure of driving a Mitsubishi Mirage a couple of weeks ago (Mitsubishi dealer courtesy car) which has identical window switch gear as PHEV - no expense spared. I think the switchgear on my ride-on lawnmower is better quality. The Mitsubishi Mirage is like a car from the 1980s. I mean ok, it went both forwards and backwards, had brakes, lights, windows and stuff but other than that you definitely wouldn't go there.

Back