A whole new kind of 'bing-bong'

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightPHEVer

Forres, Scotland, UK. 2014 GX4h with clear rear li
Very strange thing happened today - I've just fitted my winter wheels and tyres (as you do in Scotland in November), switched over the TPMS tyre valve sensor in to position '2', and all works ok. But now, when I use the turn signals I get a 'bing-bong...bing-bong' in time with the turn signal flashing. WTF is that all about then? This has never happened before. I've had a look in the MMCS touch-screen menu at the turn signal/indicator section and there's no option for binging or bonging.

The only time in my past life that I've ever heard anything like this before is with some cars if you are towing, when the trailer plug is connected a buzzer or bonger sounds when the turn signals are used. Presumably to remind you that you've got a trailer fitted or maybe it confirms that the trailer turn signal bulbs are working?

I have got a Mitsubishi main dealer (Witter) towbar fitted, but my trailer isn't currently attached. Although even if it was attached, this has never caused a turn signal bing or a bong before either. Anyone any ideas?

IIRC, in the settings menu, right next to the TPMS 1/2 settings there is a similar one for the turn signals, which I think changes it from tick-tock to bing-bong.... :lol:
(Yeah, swapped to winter wheels a couple of weeks ago....)

Well so there is... I've never noticed this before (had to look it up in the owner's manual - section 6-21). I must have suffered brainfade and was thrown by the 1-2 options. There is though a turn-signal type graphic in front of these options, not in fact a tyre pressure graphic. I thought for some reason that the tyre TPMS position choice was the only bit in this particular menu with a 1-2 option. But then I've only had the car for two years... Back to the 'tick-tock' for me - enough of the bings and bongs thank you.

I've set mine to "Bing-Bong" as it's then picked up better by my dashcam. I can refute any claims of "you weren't indicating" after any collision. It's not so bad, once you get used to it!

Back