Check your timer settings regularly.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyInOz

Staff member
Hi people,

Just posting this one out of curiosity, in case others see the same thing...

The other morning I hopped into the car to see that it had no charge. Disaster for an EV owner, but no drama for us.

Figuring that I probably hadn't plugged it in properly, I double checked the timer menus to make sure that the timer was set for that morning (it was).

Since I was already in the menus, I checked the pre-heating and pre-cooling options, which I never use.

Lo and behold! There was a pre-heat setting turned on for Thursday mornings at 9.30 am.

I have no idea how long this has been turned on, nor who set it.

Worst case, this was done at the dealer TWO YEARS AGO and has been wasting charge on Thursday mornings ever since. (Please note, no one other than myself and the dealer has any access to my car). I'm particularly peeved, because the car had been set to pre-heat every day when I first bought it, and it took me months to realise, and turn off all the timer settings.

So I recommend that others periodically check their timer settings just in case this has happened (or been done) to them.

:)

PS. I still think I probably didn't have the car plugged in properly, it is charging normally (twice since then) and the lack of charge was on a Wednesday morning not a Thursday. Now I check the status lights when I plug it in, to make sure.

I set the timers on mine, but last week did the fob button combo to wipe the phones from the system as I had a second smartphone to add and the car still had the previous owner's registered. Happened to check the power meter that evening and the car was already charging, well before its 1am slot. Turns out that wiping the phone registrations also wipes the timers (and MAY have upset TPMS as well, though this could be a coincidence).

All reprogrammed now. All happy.

Might depend if you have all the icons on the MMCS screen. We have 3 vehicles, all delivered the same day, and having sequential number plates. 1 of them is missing the "timed charge" icon on the MMCS (as well as some other icons) so on that one, you cannot set, or check timed charge from the dash, as you can with the others. Was flagged up to the dealer at the first service 1 year ago, but they didn't want to know. Mentioned to a different dealer now they are due a second service and their response has been "go see the selling dealer".

So heaven help you if you have a setting in timed charge or heating, and cannot get to it to cancel it. :roll:

Yes.

In my case, the timer screens disappeared from MMCS after a module failed, after a software update. IIRC, the dealer called the failed item the "remote module".

It would be worth checking the car with the remote app. That should show the status of existing timers.

Otherwise, checking fuses could be worth doing.

But seriously, dealers. :roll:

Back