Newbie - Full tank with full charge total range?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Si222

New 4H arriving next week :D
I often do long trips (300-400 miles) and wanted to know how often I’ll be filling up? Any tips on extending fuel efficiency much appreciated. Thanks

You can get 300 miles (with a following wind and a light foot), but almost certainly not 400. As for fuel efficiency, you can find lots of conflicting advice on here: use B0 / no, use B5; always use the charge button on motorways / no, never use the charge button; but IMHO the difference it will make is minor at best. If you want better mileage, drive slower (as with any car), but personally I'd rather take the extra fill-up and get to my destination sooner.

The good news is that it's a quiet and relaxing drive for long trips. Enjoy (and don't get too knotted up about squeezing out an extra mpg)!

As a demonstration Mitsubishi drove a PHEV from Basel to Amsterdam, without charging or filling up. That was 830 km.

https://cleantechnica.com/2014/06/20/mitsubishi-outlander-phev-proves-mpg/

It is all a matter of driving technique.
When I drive long-distance motorways my normal speed is about 140 kph, and the PHEV will do 11 km/l. With a full tank that is well over 450 km, disregarding the battery.

I'm with ChrisMiller on this - fill up the night before the trip, when the car tells you it needs fuel and then when you get home ready to do it all again.

Personally, my default seetings are Save, B5, sonic warning off and off I go. 94,000 miles in 37 months at 35mpg tells you all you need to know

Depends on how you drive and the road conditions. I've done a 406 miles trip in one day before having to refuel in my 2019 4HS. I started with a full tank and a full charge but didn't charge during the trip. I only refilled at 406 miles because I bottled it and wasn't convinced I'd make it to the next fuel station. Probably could have gone to 430 miles but didn't fancy running out of fuel.

jaapv said:
As a demonstration Mitsubishi drove a PHEV from Basel to Amsterdam, without charging or filling up. That was 830 km.

https://cleantechnica.com/2014/06/20/mitsubishi-outlander-phev-proves-mpg/

It is all a matter of driving technique.
When I drive long-distance motorways my normal speed is about 140 kph, and the PHEV will do 11 km/l. With a full tank that is well over 450 km, disregarding the battery.

At 140km/h mine does less then 10km/l ... maybe my usage of winter tyres also in summer impact the fuel efficiency by around 10%

Or my ICE is getting old ... or the quality of the fuel here is worst then there ...

Anyhow .. over 500km with speed around 120km/h it is feasible also on my old PHEV. But since the low fuel warning start to stress quite early ... it is psychological hard to make much more then ~400km with a full tank.

PS: There is also a relevant gap between speed on the dash and GPS/real speed ... I really don't believe this PHEV can do 11km/l at 140km/h real speed ... already at 140km/h from the dash (which is more like 130km/h real) .. I'm doing less then 10km/l

Back